Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take for maintenance loans to be approved after declaration is posted off.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by emilyvic)
    On completing the student finance form for maintenance loan. It has given one low figure and one high figure saying Higher Rate Maintenance Loan. How can it give this figure when my parents have not completed there forms as yet? Or are they just giving this figure until there details are added and checked?
    Hi emilyvic,

The figure is the lowest and maximum loan amounts, the Higher Rate Maintenance Loan, that you may be entitled to once your application is assessed on the household income provided.

To estimate your entitlement you can use the Student Finance England Calculator, here is a link,

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi emilyvic,

The figure is the lowest and maximum loan amounts, the Higher Rate Maintenance Loan, that you may be entitled to once your application is assessed on the household income provided.

To estimate your entitlement you can use the Student Finance England Calculator, here is a link,

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks Rona
    Rona
    Thanks for replying. I have been on the calculator and it says I should receive the highest amount for studying outside london and not living with parents. This is not the amount shown on the form it is much lower. But like I said before they don't know what my parents earnings are as yet so they cannot make a guess at a figure can they?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by emilyvic)
    Rona
    Thanks for replying. I have been on the calculator and it says I should receive the highest amount for studying outside london and not living with parents. This is not the amount shown on the form it is much lower. But like I said before they don't know what my parents earnings are as yet so they cannot make a guess at a figure can they?
    Hi emilyvic,

Once you provide your your parents financial information, you can be confident that you will be reassessed on the household income for the higher amount of Maintenance Loan.

You will receive a new Notification of Entitlement letter, that will say this replaces any notifications that you have received in the past and your online account will be updated to reflect this.

Thanks Rona

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.