Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi :hello:

We are holding a Q&A session for our BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing & BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing from the 26th February-2nd March. This will be with Neil Wilson, who is a Senior Lecturer and the Academic Lead for Nursing Admissions (Adult & Mental Health).

Below is a brief introduction from Neil:

"I am a Registered Nurse and Senior Lecturer in the Department of Nursing at Manchester Met. The Department has an award winning adult nursing programme and has just developed a mental health nursing course which, subject to approval by the NMC, will build on the University's portfolio of delivering innovative and inspiring healthcare education. As the Academic Lead for Undergraduate Nursing Admissions I will be available to answer your questions regarding entry requirements, application and selection processes."

If you have any questions about applying to Adult or Mental Health Nursing, or have any questions about the courses themselves, then please ask away!

Please also feel free to post any questions you have now, and we will start answering them when the Q&A goes live on the 26th February.

N.B. Please remember that this is a public forum, so please do not post any personal details regarding your application, for example your UCAS or MMU ID number. If you do need to give us personal details then you can contact us privately at http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/contact/course-enquiry/, and we will contact Neil on your behalf.

ReputationRep:
    Do you need a GCSE grade C or above in maths and science to be considered for this course?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Jo Mojomorris)
    Do you need a GCSE grade C or above in maths and science to be considered for this course?
    Hi,

You will require
    • 5 GCSEs including Maths, English Language and Science at C/4 if applying with A levels
    • 5 GCSEs including Maths, English Language C/4 and a Science B/5 if applying with a BTEC
    • 2 GCSEs including Maths and English Language C/4 if applying with a health related access course

We now consider Functional Skills Maths Level 2 as an alternative to Maths GCSE.

Thanks

Neil

ReputationRep:
    Hi Neil,
    I am going to be applying for student accommodation in halls for the first year and am wondering what are the most common halls that nurses go into with people of other placements? Also, do all halls offer a choice to live with people on placements?
    Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by RosaHughes)
    Hi Neil,
    I am going to be applying for student accommodation in halls for the first year and am wondering what are the most common halls that nurses go into with people of other placements? Also, do all halls offer a choice to live with people on placements?
    Thank you
    Nursing students are offered guaranteed accommodation (if booked before a specified date) with an extended contract (49 weeks) because of placement in the summer. Once a student becomes firm at Manchester Met, we invite you to nursingbuddies, a social network site specifically for your cohort, this site provides all the details regarding this special arrangement for nursing students.

Thanks

Neil

ReputationRep:
    Hi again, i firmed man met a while ago and have not received an email about nursingbuddies. Should i be worried as tomorrow is when accommodation opens for people?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi again, i firmed man met a while ago and have not received an email about nursingbuddies. Should i be worried as tomorrow is when accommodation opens for people?
    Today is just when registration opens for accommodation, so you won't actually be picking your room. People are invited to pick their room from April onwards. So if you are unsure as to which accommodation to stay in, then you can still register today.

Neil will get back to you about when you will be sent information about nursingbuddies

Rebecca
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

Nursingbuddies was set up and finalised yesterday, the registration for this site, which includes the year planner, DBS information, visit days, learning workbook and accommodation will go out to firm offer holders this week. Although the accommodation opens today, nursing students have a longer period and some reserved rooms to register their interest.

Thanks

Neil

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!

University open days

1. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Courses Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.