The Student Room Group

Was The Black Panther really that good?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gwilym101
Where would you put Winter Soldier?

Winter Soldier is one I need to revisit, I remember enjoying it but that's about it. However I've gotten a lot more "into cinema" since its release and I know how lauded it is, so I need to give it another watch. I'm actually planning to marathon the MCU in the run-up to Infinity War so, I expect my order will shuffle around a bit by then!
I thought it was great. Definitely in my top 5.
1. Avengers
2.Winter Soldier
3. Black Panther
4.Ragnarok
5.Guardians of the galaxy
I like the marvel movies - I mean they are not normally great movies (with a few exceptions), but they are fun cinema experiences.. and you can always count on them to deliver that. I have never been to the cinema for a marvel film and came away disappointed. And a few times they have really exceeded my expectation. For example Guardians of the Galaxy 2, for me surpassed the first and was far better then the re-hashed squeal I was expecting.

The problem I have with black panther is I want to go and watch it as a movie - and me and my wife probably will this weekend - I want to see it just as a movie, because just as a movie it seems to be really good from what I have seen and heard so far...

But the politics around it is pissing me off, and its really making it hard for me to look at it just as a movie. (after all I am constantly reading that its more then just a movie..) and as something more then a movie, I am not really interested.
Reply 23
No love for The Winter Soldier:colonhash:.

On Black Panther its one of the better Marvel films. Does have its flaws but a film you'll definitely enjoy.
(edited 6 years ago)
I myself am going to see it this afternoon, so I suppose I'll update this after watching it! :biggrin:
Original post by Rk2k14
No love for The Winter Soldier:colonhash:.

On Black Panther its one of the better Marvel films. Does have its flaws but a film you'll definitely enjoy.

As above, I need to revisit it :yep: I think my top 3 are set in stone but slots 4 ands 5 could change.
I loved black panther, it has flaws but it's such an immersive and enjoyable watch. The story is fantastic and Killmonger is a 10/10 villain. Can't wait to watch it again
Well it was a borderline okay movie to me.

Full points for CGI, direction, acting and execution.

But the plot wasn't so satisfying in the end

Spoiler

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending