Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 18 and I hate life. I live in the South of England, I have 0 GCSEs at C or above, mostly Us actually, my only qualifications are useless and functional skills entry level 3 maths and English. I am in college now though, doing functional skills level 1 English and maths.

I've had bullying since I was in year 2 and went on until year 6 where it stopped and I moved to secondary school where I've only ever had comments made but not bullying, still didn't stop me from getting depression in year 9 then anxiety in year 10, I was arguing a lot, under a lot of pressure and missed a lot of school because I wasn't coping. My whole school life was a negative experience and kept getting involved with the wrong people. I realise now that a lot of my problems were caused by being around negative people.

I've had 1 Christmas temp job, I've had a few volunteer roles in animal jobs and now I do cat sitting.

I can't get any other clients, I put down quotes and stuff but I think college causes a few issues but I'm not going to be quitting as I need qualifications, even if they're crappy. I see everyone around me, even those with bad GCSEs and they're doing well with apprenticeships but went into careers with high demand, shouldn't be too hard for them to get jobs, I want to work with animals, hard to get everywhere and hard to find in my area.

It upsets me when I see people with cars at my age and driving as I can't afford a car, I also don't want to work 4 days a week and be in college for 3, because of my anxiety I need breaks, I also have low iron which really can bother me.

I keep getting rejected from volunteer roles and job roles when I applied, but there's no issue with what I put, I think it's just me, the whole world seems to be against me. I never get anywhere no matter how hard I try.

I've had enough of seeing my sibling going through school, enjoying it, getting top grades, getting good A levels and now they have a masters degree, took a long time but worth it for them as now they're earning good money after a few months of graduating in a job they enjoy. That will never be me, I'm more likely to always be struggling for money, probably never have a car or be unemployed. Shall I just end it all? I mean apart from pets I have nothing to live for, I hate my face and body, I have a hard time making friends, suffer with mental health disorders, what's the point? My sibling has everything to live for and done nothing to deserve it. I hate this so much.

What do I Do?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 18 and I hate life. I live in the South of England, I have 0 GCSEs at C or above, mostly Us actually, my only qualifications are useless and functional skills entry level 3 maths and English. I am in college now though, doing functional skills level 1 English and maths.

I've had bullying since I was in year 2 and went on until year 6 where it stopped and I moved to secondary school where I've only ever had comments made but not bullying, still didn't stop me from getting depression in year 9 then anxiety in year 10, I was arguing a lot, under a lot of pressure and missed a lot of school because I wasn't coping. My whole school life was a negative experience and kept getting involved with the wrong people. I realise now that a lot of my problems were caused by being around negative people.

I've had 1 Christmas temp job, I've had a few volunteer roles in animal jobs and now I do cat sitting.

I can't get any other clients, I put down quotes and stuff but I think college causes a few issues but I'm not going to be quitting as I need qualifications, even if they're crappy. I see everyone around me, even those with bad GCSEs and they're doing well with apprenticeships but went into careers with high demand, shouldn't be too hard for them to get jobs, I want to work with animals, hard to get everywhere and hard to find in my area.

It upsets me when I see people with cars at my age and driving as I can't afford a car, I also don't want to work 4 days a week and be in college for 3, because of my anxiety I need breaks, I also have low iron which really can bother me.

I keep getting rejected from volunteer roles and job roles when I applied, but there's no issue with what I put, I think it's just me, the whole world seems to be against me. I never get anywhere no matter how hard I try.

I've had enough of seeing my sibling going through school, enjoying it, getting top grades, getting good A levels and now they have a masters degree, took a long time but worth it for them as now they're earning good money after a few months of graduating in a job they enjoy. That will never be me, I'm more likely to always be struggling for money, probably never have a car or be unemployed. Shall I just end it all? I mean apart from pets I have nothing to live for, I hate my face and body, I have a hard time making friends, suffer with mental health disorders, what's the point? My sibling has everything to live for and done nothing to deserve it. I hate this so much.

What do I Do?
    I wouldn’t say that I’ve gone through the things that you went through, not even close, but I know how you feel, I’ve felt that way as well. I promise you, it’s going to get better. I have parents who thinks I’m not worth their time of day if I don’t achieve good grades in school, so for the most part of my high school, they don’t even think I exist. I thought that maybe it would be easier to just end it, but I’m glad I don’t. I’m about to start uni next year and I don’t know how this would go but I’m hoping the best.

Please, always remember that there is someone out there who cares about you, and that suicide is not the answer. You are strong because of all the things you went through, and you are definitely capable of going through this.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I wouldn’t say that I’ve gone through the things that you went through, not even close, but I know how you feel, I’ve felt that way as well. I promise you, it’s going to get better. I have parents who thinks I’m not worth their time of day if I don’t achieve good grades in school, so for the most part of my high school, they don’t even think I exist. I thought that maybe it would be easier to just end it, but I’m glad I don’t. I’m about to start uni next year and I don’t know how this would go but I’m hoping the best.

Please, always remember that there is someone out there who cares about you, and that suicide is not the answer. You are strong because of all the things you went through, and you are definitely capable of going through this.
    At least you have a future.

At least you have a future.
    I can hear where you are coming from, and appreciate how things feel right now. Please call or text the Samaritans if you are in need <3

Times do eventually get better, whether it’s a hobby, a stroke of luck with a volunteering opportunity, or even doing some online education courses. You won’t feel this way forever.

In the meantime, please keep yourself safe, and access support if you need it!

Never give up trying

What do I Do?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.