Turn on thread page Beta

Not getting anywhere with my degree watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys so I've got a degree in computer science but i only got a third and now i cant get a job and i dont particulary like this degree anyway so im stuck on what to do help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherlloydfan)
    Hey guys so I've got a degree in computer science but i only got a third and now i cant get a job and i dont particulary like this degree anyway so im stuck on what to do help me
    If you don't like CS, why did you study it? Do you enjoy programming? Most tech jobs these days can be swung by impressive personal projects.

Else why not consider what you want to do and look for a path to that?

ReputationRep:

UWS
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You can still work in IT without having to do programming. My friend graduated with a Desmond in Computer Science and she had to start at the bottom doing secretary/admin work for a small company. She now works at a university doing more advanced things with IT systems. That is the path you could take.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.