Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sister isn’t having a great time at uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My sister is in her second year of uni. She lives with three other girls and it seems their friendship has gone south. She doesn’t know why.

It appears that the three girls went to a gig/concert in a neighbouring city and didn’t invite her. She only found out when they came back. She was on the phone crying her eyes out at the event.

To me that sounds quite harsh, I might invite one of my housemates out if I have a spare ticket to something but I wouldn’t invite every other house mate and leave someone. I get that they do not have to invite her.

She asked me for advice and I told her to ask them why they did that and what is up with the friendship? I couldn’t think of anything else.

Does anyone have any other thoughts?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerJoe)
    My sister is in her second year of uni. She lives with three other girls and it seems their friendship has gone south. She doesn’t know why.

It appears that the three girls went to a gig/concert in a neighbouring city and didn’t invite her. She only found out when they came back. She was on the phone crying her eyes out at the event.

To me that sounds quite harsh, I might invite one of my housemates out if I have a spare ticket to something but I wouldn’t invite every other house mate and leave someone. I get that they do not have to invite her.

She asked me for advice and I told her to ask them why they did that and what is up with the friendship? I couldn’t think of anything else.

Does anyone have any other thoughts?
    She just needs to ask her why they didnt invite her I guess if shes that bothered, it might not be anything malicious, could be they couldnt get another ticket if they brought them last minute/from someone selling the tickets, could be that your sister said at some point she didnt like gigs/the band they were going to see so assumed she wouldnt want to go, could be travel/sleeping arrangements if they were going by car or staying somewhere overnight etc etc there are lots of good reasons or it could be that they didnt want her to go, though I wouldnt say this means the friendship is going south just because she didnt get invited to one social thing, thats a bit dramatic, within my own friendship group we dont always invite each other to everything for various reasons and no one takes offence as we dont mean in in a malicious way

Personally I would just let it go as its a one off, if it happens one or two more times (in the near future ie the next 2 social things they all do) then I would ask

ReputationRep:
    She has said one of the girls in being particularly ‘cold’ towards her and she can’t think of why.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerJoe)
    She has said one of the girls in being particularly ‘cold’ towards her and she can’t think of why.
    If shes been cold for a little while (say more than a week) then your sister should just ask her why shes being cold (or coming across as being) to her

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.