Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    So I got accepted at Charles University, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove ,I will be starting at 1st of October 2018 , Did anybody else get accepted?

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,
    I’m doing my exam on 13th of April and feel quite lost as the exam topics and practice tests listed are so vague..
    Do you have any tips?
    What kind of questions came the most in your exam..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midosept)
    Hello there,
    I’m doing my exam on 13th of April and feel quite lost as the exam topics and practice tests listed are so vague..
    Do you have any tips?
    What kind of questions came the most in your exam..
    Ok so look man. i studied from Khan Academy, A-level and AS books, i also studied the questions in the sample papers especially the newest one. Look at your syllabus and try and study all the topics, the old and the new, you'll find a lot of new words and terms and topics so study them from the internet and try memorizing them but dont go into great detail.Try asking your school teachers about the topics and about notes and books they can give you.I dont remeber all the questions but in bio there were questions about the fossil lucy and shingles and the size of viruses(the rhino virus) and phragmoplast, in chemistry there were a lot of questions about organic(sudy it well) and reactivity of metals, in math there were questions about area and volume of the cone, long division and imaginary numbers. The exam is 150 mins so take your time and also use multiple choice skills, crossing out the wrong ones and choosing the most suitable. If you have any other questions ask me. Goodluck, i hope you get accepted.

ReputationRep:
    Please remember that you will not be able to do a year at Charles and transfer back to a UK University. Its a different curriculum, and once you start it thats it, you will be doing your whole degree there. And whilst it might feel exciting/glamorous 'going to Prague', many UK students find living in a different culture/language very hard going - the course may be 'in English' but nothing else will be. Be very certain of what you are doing and all its implications before you commit to this.

ReputationRep:
    Omg
    Imaginary numbers aren’t even in AL...in the syllabus, they said Math AL knowledge is enuf..r their other stuff not in the syllabus which surprisingly just came in the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Please remember that you will not be able to do a year at Charles and transfer back to a UK University. Its a different curriculum, and once you start it thats it, you will be doing your whole degree there. And whilst it might feel exciting/glamorous 'going to Prague', many UK students find living in a different culture/language very hard going - the course may be 'in English' but nothing else will be. Be very certain of what you are doing and all its implications before you commit to this.
    Yes i do understand all that, and i am going to be doing my whole degree there, in hradec kralove not prague. I know it's hard in the beginning but eventually we will like it and yes i am sure of all the implications.
    Thank you for your concern.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 17, 2018

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.