Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

so I’m currently in year 9 and I hate my french class. I do Spanish and french. I love spanish and And am taking it for GCSEs but i really cannot stand french. I get depressed in the classes and I really want to quit it. My teacher is really annoying. He doesn’t teach you at all he just sits around and tells you to do work from the textbook. I used to love french when I had my old teacher but he moved schools. What should I do.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I would advise either talking to someone at your school such as a head of year who can possibly do something about your troubles.

However, as you will be moving into your GCSE classes in September and are (presumably) not deciding to continue with French I would say as hard as it may be to stick with it as you only have a few months left of it.

Hope this helps
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    It's February (the end of, so let's say March for the sake of what I'm going to say next), and you'll be done in July. That's 4 months. You've already made it 5 months. You're over half-way done. I personally would just stick with it and look forward to the day you walk out of the French classroom for the last time and can recycle all your French resources.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.