Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

I'm currently studying Applied Nutritional Sciences BSc (Hons), and was just writing to see if anyone can help me with my future...

I'm debating doing a Postgraduate Diploma in either Dietetics or Occupational Therapy.

My reasoning for Dietetics is that I'm currently studying Nutrition and it's always been of interest; even if I despise chemistry. In addition, the dietetics qualification allows me to do much more in terms of job prospects i.e. can apply for the NHS / working visa in Australia.

Although, I was also looking at Occupational Therapy PGDip. This course seems to resonate with me slightly more than dietetics as it is out and about, and a job whereby no two days will be the same. This massively interests me as a keen people person.

So my prime questions are:
    - what job has better career prospects?
    - what job has a higher earning potential throughout a career?
    - what job will suit my personality more (tend to absolutely hate chemistry if i'm honest ((though will it feature massively throughout a dietetics career?)), a people person, outgoing etc)

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at all?

ReputationRep:
    No one have any knowledge on either? Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Come on lads do me proud x

ReputationRep:
    in my opinion, i'd try to do an apprenticeship in occupational therapy if that's the path you'd like to go down. the nhs are starting apprenticeships in ot this year so i'd recommend you look into it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.