Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i feel so ugly i'm not even being dramatic watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i'm not even exaggerating but when i open snapchat and look at myself i just feel so ugly and i have makeup on like 24/7. I

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what you look like, but I know for a fact that wearing cosmetics 24/7 is bad for your skin. Please wash your face before you go to bed.

And even if you do look ugly - so what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Langerhan)
    I have no idea what you look like, but I know for a fact that wearing cosmetics 24/7 is bad for your skin. Please wash your face before you go to bed.

And even if you do look ugly - so what?
    ) i actually take rlly good care of my skin. outer appearances do matter, people say dont judge a book by its cover but everyone lowkey does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehim)
    i'm not even exaggerating but when i open snapchat and look at myself i just feel so ugly and i have makeup on like 24/7. I
    Yeah I'm ugly AF too but.. life goes on. Just don't think about it and concentrate on working hard and doing stuff you enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owz5)
    Yeah I'm ugly AF too but.. life goes on. Just don't think about it and concentrate on working hard and doing stuff you enjoy.
    its hard to continue when im uggg tho ))))))))))

ReputationRep:
    Yes, people judge other people by their looks. But the most you can do to combat that is to take care of yourself by eating well and exercising and wear (subtle, skin-friendly) make-up where it's appropriate and necessary (for instance, at a job interview). Everything else is out of your hands. Read some literature about how women are judged - I've heard good things about 'The Beauty Myth', although I haven't read that one myself - and think about how else you present yourself. Are you funny? Do you do volunteer work? Do you study hard? Why would people value those things less than whatever genetics have arranged your facial features?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.