Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey All,

As above ^^

What are your biggest pains as a student? If you could change something to make your life as a student better (or easier), what would it be? And why? Let your imagination roam free

I'm interested to read your answers!

ReputationRep:
    Go back to pre-2010 before smartphones and actually live proper friendships without everyone being so self-obsessed on their phones all the time. That's the student life I'd like lol
    Random I know
    Don't even get me started on Snapchat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebells1)
    Go back to pre-2010 before smartphones and actually live proper friendships without everyone being so self-obsessed on their phones all the time. That's the student life I'd like lol
    Random I know
    Don't even get me started on Snapchat
    That's a good one! Sometimes I think life was easier back then. What bothers you the most about people being on their phones all the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaTom)
    That's a good one! Sometimes I think life was easier back then. What bothers you the most about people being on their phones all the time?
    I basically started sixth form in September, and I was so hopeful to make new friends and start fresh. But suddenly, after not being allowed phones in school my whole life and now entering a stage where phones are allowed it's as though either I've forgotten how to make friends or no one can hold a conversation longer than 5 minutes without someone checking their phone.

I worry so much for the future of phones and social media honestly. I don't get why people feel the need to document every meal out they have, every day out and party they have - special occasions I understand but this culture of sharing every little detail to boast what you're doing instead of LIVING in the moment is so depressing.

My brothers, 10 years older, agree when they were my age in 2007 this was never an issue and people were so much more approachable. It's so sad. The future looks grim

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.