The Student Room Group

What was the first thing you learned how to cook?

Mine was lasagne :laugh: I was about 9 or 10 and my mum taught me. I knew how to use an oven before that, but that was the first thing I'd actually learned to make rather than just dumping some chips or something onto a tray and chucking it in the oven. How about you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Mine was lasagne :laugh: I was about 9 or 10 and my mum taught me. I knew how to use an oven before that, but that was the first thing I'd actually learned to make rather than just dumping some chips or something onto a tray and chucking it in the oven. How about you?

A victoria sponge - my mum's way. just dump everything in
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r

Scrambled egg :h:
You guys were so sophisticated with your first forays into cooking. I boiled some pasta and then heated it up with some pesto. Stuck some cheese on and hey presto! But then again no one taught me, it was an experiment!
Reply 4
Pot noodle.
I think it was a pasta bake, was about 13.
Reply 6
I honestly can’t remember the very very first thing lol
A cheese toastie in the breville when I was 4 years old.
I think a spaghetti bolognese in year 7 food tech.
Reply 9
At school? Cheese on toast in cooking lesson
Reply 10
Porridge.Wasn't exactly cooking but damn it has fueled me for years.

Spoiler

Toast.
Reply 12
Jacket potato
Reply 13
mine was lasagna as well! I was a year or 2 younger than you though
Reply 14
Meth.
A bowl of cereal? Pretty sure that counts as cooking
Reply 16
Boiling rice.
Spaghetti Bolognese. Asked my mum to show me how as I would eat it up to 4 times a week as a kid.
Cheese biscuits; I found the recipe in a school cookbook, yum! I was around 9-10 years old xP
Reply 19
A boiled egg

Quick Reply

Latest