x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Aww im feeling a bit meh to atm I blame the weather. You definately have to be around for results day you need to see how big skittles and scoot have got!! and we will go for another drink again woo xxx
    :hugs: And for sure! If anything I'll come for Skittles and Scoot sounds like a plan
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    This is bloody adorable CKL
    agree :yes:

--------------
    also just a random thought CKL, some of the smilies rely on their shading making them move as such? like their faces move too e.g (:yep: :nope: :yes:) but the shading makes it more obvious that they are moving i guess, would they still move ok?

The old ones are way better. These new ones are ****ing ugly! Don't **** up and make the change , it'll be a stupid mistake.

• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    agree :yes:

--------------
    also just a random thought CKL, some of the smilies rely on their shading making them move as such? like their faces move too e.g (:yep: :nope: :yes:) but the shading makes it more obvious that they are moving i guess, would they still move ok?
    Heya I have done some animations but just trying to do the easiest ones first till we get the styling right.

I'll have a play and try and send over some examples soon :P xxxx
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Heya I have done some animations but just trying to do the easiest ones first till we get the styling right.

I'll have a play and try and send over some examples soon :P xxxx
    awesome sauce :gah: (thanks for being so receptive to feedback btw, is nice that the community gets an input :yep: )

also why are you awake at 4:30am :eek4:

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    awesome sauce :gah: (thanks for being so receptive to feedback btw, is nice that the community gets an input :yep: )

also why are you awake at 4:30am :eek4:
    I don't think they'll be receptive to my feedback

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    I don't think they'll be receptive to my feedback
    No **** Sherlock ...
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    I think the new ones look clean but i prefer the old ones just because it has borders around it and looks bolder so the emotions seem to stand out more to me (hope i made sense)
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    I like the eyes rather than dots better :love:
    Although the blobbies also look cool...
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    I think that versus the proposed ones, the outlines give them a clearer definition and make them look more detailed and just generally better The eyes on the new ones look a bit weird as well, with them being dots rather than eyes. (Sorry if this has all been said/addressed above- i haven't read through the whole thread ) I can't deny that familiarity comes into it a bit too

Ah, okay, thanks for clarifying, and sorry for misinterpreting

That's great it's on their list as it would be so much easier if it could be improved Very understandable that other things are above that though
    Hi Guys,

I have had more of a play with adding a border around the smileys and a shadow on their faces .... What do you think...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guy's so I think we all know that our smileys are great but really old school! So my plan is to redo these...

Let me know what you think and read the image below for more info
    (we also know how much of a nightmare the smileys page is and are looking towards sorting this out in the future but our dev team are busy on other new and exciting changes at the moment)

Change is good! The old ones certainly bring about nostalgia, but the modern ones look pretty good, so I'd say go for the new ones.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Mehru1214)
    Change is good! The old ones certainly bring about nostalgia, but the modern ones look pretty good, so I'd say go for the new ones.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I have had more of a play with adding a border around the smileys and a shadow on their faces .... What do you think...
    Looks better but i still prefer the older one just because its a TSR classic. Its an improvement to the first one i think.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    why do they need changing? Maybe we should have a poll of people want the old ones to change or not? I much prefer the old ones tbh loads more,
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi Guys,

I like that much better

(Original post by WhyKidz)
    No **** Sherlock ...
    She fully blanked me and another because she knows we are right. That's some high delusions there. Won't even acknowledge the existence of the truth. The new Smiley's just don't look good.

I mean the new angry face just looks like a clown and clearly does not express anger. Who tf are you trying to kid?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    She fully blanked me
    Maybe that says more about how you communicate, than the content of your critique.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Doonesbury)
    Maybe that says more about how you communicate, than the content of your critique.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm just saying they're ****, why change them. What's so hard to process about that?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    While we're here, some more of

:sports:

:football:

but for other forums or sections would be quite nice. Please.

Hey Guy's so I think we all know that our smileys are great but really old school! So my plan is to redo these...

Let me know what you think and read the image below for more info
    (we also know how much of a nightmare the smileys page is and are looking towards sorting this out in the future but our dev team are busy on other new and exciting changes at the moment)

Hell no.

Is nothing sacred? Jeze just let people use emojis like they are doing on their phones, but don't faff up the one remaining vestige of TSR in its golden era.

If you really want to change them at least give us the option of having the old ones displayed instead.

(Original post by starfab)
    why do they need changing? Maybe we should have a poll of people want the old ones to change or not? I much prefer the old ones tbh loads more,
    I have a feeling they just want to get rid of everything that's left of when TSR was worth coming to. There won't be a poll; that way when they change we won't have a comeback (if we vote against new smilies).

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.