• Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    LOVE these new ones! 100% for the new ones

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    Am jealous of your job CKL :emo: you get to draw cute things all day and get paid for it
    +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Hey Guy's so I think we all know that our smileys are great but really old school! So my plan is to redo these...

Let me know what you think and read the image below for more info
    (we also know how much of a nightmare the smileys page is and are looking towards sorting this out in the future but our dev team are busy on other new and exciting changes at the moment)

Personally I like the old smileys, but I agree sorting the smiley page would be great :chaplin:

(Original post by Tootles)
    I have a feeling they just want to get rid of everything that's left of when TSR was worth coming to. There won't be a poll; that way when they change we won't have a comeback (if we vote against new smilies).
    Then one of us should make a poll, I don't want the old smilies changed. They have more character than these new ones.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by starfab)
    Then one of us should make a poll, I don't want the old smilies changed. They have more character than these new ones.
    They're so up themselves they'll probably delete the thread

If it's not "official" though, it won't count :emo:

(Original post by cupcakes87)
    I was trying to be nice about it but I really really really do not like the new ones at all. The current ones we have are so original.

I was trying to be nice about it but I really really really do not like the new ones at all. The current ones we have are so original.
    Exactly. But they won't listen. We lost this before they made this thread.

CrazyKittenLady I feel as though the views of those who do not want this change are not being taken into account. At the very least make it an option for us to still have the current tsr smilies remaining unchanged or somehing. The orginal ones just have more character
    The ones in my post below, they should definitely remain the same. So expressive, probs the change will cause me issues I din't know existed.

Exactly. But they won't listen. We lost this before they made this thread.
    Ngl that actually makes me real sad They shouodn't change these:
    :yep: :curious: :eyeball: :five: :eyeball: :holmes: :hugs: :lovehug: :love: :heart: :cube: :loveduck:
    And so many more. Just look at them. They're so real, you can feel them

Ngl that actually makes me real sad They shouodn't change these:
    :yep: :curious: :eyeball: :five: :eyeball: :holmes:
    And so many more. Just look at them. They're so real, you can feel them
    Exactly, I love the old ones! They're so expressive and these new ones are just flat. A generic slap in the face. No colour that makes them.pop, no personality to them. They all just look the same to me. Flat. Even the non animated ones have life but these new ones have nothing going for them.

Exactly, I love the old ones! They're so expressive and these new ones are just flat. A generic slap in the face. No colour that makes them.pop, no personality to them. They all just look the same to me. Flat. Even the non animated ones have life but these new ones have nothing going for them.
    :sigh: I cannot believe that TSR wouod just opt and make the change without asking it's users first properly
    Some of these smilies changes is gonna cause me havoc. Thanks tsr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Thanks I completely understand the nostalgia but when we roll out out new faster and cleaner thread pages (soon)then they just look really out of place. We will still keep the original ....:bl::2euk48l::badger::elefant::kungfu: etc
    I'd prefer that the old ones be kept - they look nicer and better, and have more character to them/have better meanings to them than the new ones. If you're going to have an option for new emojis like this, please make it selectable in the account options to use either the new emojis or the old ones.

Also, what's more of a priority is fixing the mobile site. My phone doesn't like it, it lags insanely, and that is on a new smartphone...

:sigh: I cannot believe that TSR wouod just opt and make the change without asking it's users first properly
    They do that with every change. No surprises here. It's just annoying they make a thread like this pretending to listen to users opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, if I was being forced new changes that I didn't like nor want, and I wasn't so active on here, then I'd just cancel my account and leave the site. Visitor numbers do the talking and if users leave the site due to recent changes, then obviously the changes haven't worked !

ReputationRep:
    In which case, quickly copy all of the old smileys offsite, for safe keeping, whilst they still work - and then, if they change the smileys over, just upload the old saved smilies as attchments to the forum. That way they'll still show up - and it'll probably put more strain on the servers too by fetching more attachments

They do that with every change. No surprises here. It's just annoying they make a thread like this pretending to listen to users opinions.
    :mute: They should really take in the views of their users, ChrisN CrazyKittenLady
    Please explain, are you really going ahead with this even if users don't want this?

(Original post by spotify95)
    Indeed, if I was being forced new changes that I didn't like nor want, and I wasn't so active on here, then I'd just cancel my account and leave the site. Visitor numbers do the talking and if users leave the site due to recent changes, then obviously the changes haven't worked !
    I won't be leaving because I use tsr for my mental health issues, mainly.

In which case, quickly copy all of the old smileys offsite, for safe keeping, whilst they still work - and then, if they change the smileys over, just upload the old saved smilies as attchments to the forum. That way they'll still show up - and it'll probably put more strain on the servers too by fetching more attachments
    Would copy and paste work for that?

ReputationRep:
    the old ones are better, they feel more forum like and less like social media :kungfu::nyan::run::stink::train2::fatcontroller::couchpotato::bump:

That's wouldn't be a bad idea but tsr has gone so down hill in general I wouldn't bother. I only come on here occasionally as it is and then to have to see ugly ass emojis I think I'd just stop using the site

:mute: They should really take in the views of their users, ChrisN CrazyKittenLady
    Please explain, are you really going ahead with this even if users don't want this?

They should but they won't. I'd actually be very surprised if they respond to any of this tbh.

ReputationRep:

It's good that you'll be staying on here, Starfab and it's good that the site is having a positive impact on your wellbeing :hugs:
    I won't be leaving either but will be disappointed with the change...

The TSR CT (or whoever runs the site) should take into account everyone's views, not just the views they want to hear. I'd personally say about having the smiley as an option in the accounts, with users deciding between the new smileys and the old smileys in their account profile.
    They did something similar to this before with the site layout so why can't they do it again with this? :confused:

Also, it seems like I cannot embed smiley images from offsite into my posts. Oh dear...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.