Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    That's wouldn't be a bad idea but tsr has gone so down hill in general I wouldn't bother. I only come on here occasionally as it is and then to have to see ugly ass emojis I think I'd just stop using the site

They should but they won't. I'd actually be very surprised if they respond to any of this tbh.
    They will respond to this, they aren't that bad. They've responded before, they best not make a fool of me for what I've just written and outright blank me. I'll probs lose the only help I can reach out to rn because the new smilies will affect me more than I thought it would

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Would copy and paste work for that?
    Name:  thumbs.gif
Views: 19
Size:  139 Bytes

Hmm, seems like copying the URL won't work. Downloading the smiley onto a PC and then reinserting it as an image, works, see above "thumbs up" smiley

ReputationRep:
    Alright, add the new ones in if you want to but keep the old ones as well. We should be allowed to have an option to choose between the new ones and old ones. But clearly most of us prefer the old ones.

They will respond to this, they aren't that bad. They've responded before, they best not make a fool of me for what I've just written and outright blank me. I'll probs lose the only help I can reach out to rn because the new smilies will affect me more than I thought it would
    Aww sweets :hugs: I hope they do, I had no idea they impact you so strongly. I know others will have said this to you too but I've gone through my share of stuff so if you ever want to talk about I'm always here x please don't feel alone xx

ReputationRep:
    How about we just have two menus: one menu are the current smilies, and the second menu contains the new smilies, that way users could use their favourite ones, new or classic, as they wish? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    Aww sweets :hugs: I hope they do, I had no idea they impact you so strongly. I know others will have said this to you too but I've gone through my share of stuff so if you ever want to talk about I'm always here x please don't feel alone xx
    Thanks cupcakes.

(Original post by spotify95)
    It's good that you'll be staying on here, Starfab and it's good that the site is having a positive impact on your wellbeing :hugs:
    I won't be leaving either but will be disappointed with the change...

The TSR CT (or whoever runs the site) should take into account everyone's views, not just the views they want to hear. I'd personally say about having the smiley as an option in the accounts, with users deciding between the new smileys and the old smileys in their account profile.
    They did something similar to this before with the site layout so why can't they do it again with this? :confused:

Also, it seems like I cannot embed smiley images from offsite into my posts. Oh dear...
    Ngl didn't think that something so small would make me want to use tsr less, hence maybe never get round to getting the help I need irl. Atm this small change is affecting me, probs coz everything is going wrong. I thought the small things would at least stay the same, give me some stability. Probs says a lot about me, to need this to not change lmaoo at myself. Fml

That would be a great idea, one I think should be implemented.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    How about we just have two menus: one menu are the current smilies, and the second menu contains the new smilies, that way users could use their favourite ones, new or classic, as they wish? :dontknow:
    Indeed, so that users can use either the classic or modern smileys. All they have to do is code it slightly differently, it's not that difficult to do
    Or alternatively just have an option in the user account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Indeed, so that users can use either the classic or modern smileys. All they have to do is code it slightly differently, it's not that difficult to do
    Or alternatively just have an option in the user account
    Sounds good
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    While we're here, some more of

:sports:

:football:

but for other forums or sections would be quite nice. Please.
    Yeah that would be great xxx
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    CrazyKittenLady I feel as though the views of those who do not want this change are not being taken into account. At the very least make it an option for us to still have the current tsr smilies remaining unchanged or somehing. The orginal ones just have more character
    The ones in my post below, they should definitely remain the same. So expressive, probs the change will cause me issues I din't know existed.

Hey Starfab... and everyone else

I wasn't on last night so only just seen all of this. I started this thread as a bit of fun to see if I can improve the smileys for everyone there has been good and bad feedback about them which is fine. No decision has been made on what is happening with them yet its just a side project I wanted to have a play with and wanted to get everyone's opinion on it and get everyone involved.

We can make a poll if you want I have done polls on similar changes before so happy to do one here.

xxx
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Hi Guys,

I have had more of a play with adding a border around the smileys and a shadow on their faces .... What do you think...
    I think those are better than the original proposition, but the current ones are still much preferable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Hey Starfab... and everyone else

I wasn't on last night so only just seen all of this. I started this thread as a bit of fun to see if I can improve the smileys for everyone there has been good and bad feedback about them which is fine. No decision has been made on what is happening with them yet its just a side project I wanted to have a play with and wanted to get everyone's opinion on it and get everyone involved.

We can make a poll if you want I have done polls on similar changes before so happy to do one here.

xxx
    I don't mind you having it as a side project, just make sure that when you change it there's an ootion to keep the old ones in our account profiles as spotify95 suggested. Or as k.n.h. suggested. That way everyone's views are taken and acted on.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    They are cute but I love the ones we currently have. Although if there was a easier of using them that would be great rather than always going on the smiley page like if there was a special keyboard or something 🧡
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The old ones look better

please keep them

the new ones look less animated

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.