Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have oily skin I think and i had acne and have scars and enlarged pores and also blackheads on my nose. I facewash twice morning and evening with garnnia salycilic acid and moisturize after .. Some article are saying I need to cleanse and facewash both .. I don't know what to do ... if somebody could help me with skin care routine it would be helpful .. I can send pictures if you want of my skin.. I've also bought exfoliater but what cleanser shall I buy ..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The cleanser is to remove makeup and face wash to actually clean your skin. If you're not using makeup, you can skip the cleanser unless you're using a heavy spf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellala)
    The cleanser is to remove makeup and face wash to actually clean your skin. If you're not using makeup, you can skip the cleanser unless you're using a heavy spf.
    Umm no I'm not using makeup .. But why is it advised to cleanse before applying exfoliating .. All I am doing is just wash my face and then exfoliate...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by igotnomoney)
    Umm no I'm not using makeup .. But why is it advised to cleanse before applying exfoliating .. All I am doing is just wash my face and then exfoliate...
    It is advised to cleanse, then use face wash because face wash alone is not designed to remove makeup. Cleanser is typically an oil, balm, or cream that can more effectively break up makeup and can also help wash away the oil on your skin. Although a face wash can also be effective in getting excess oil off your skin, it cannot remove makeup well.

What you are already doing is absolutely fine. Just make sure you aren't exfoliating more than once or twice a week.

ReputationRep:
    Cleanse, tone, moisturise is generally the set pattern

Cleansers are basically a type of face wash, they're just better at removing oil and dirt

ReputationRep:
    I have oily skin too and I just use face wash and a moisturizer after. Make sure they are both oil-free.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.