Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

First/second interview watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

So I had an interview around 2 weeks ago, which went super well. They told me during the interview that I would definitely have a second interview, and to prepare a project (based on the role) and send it off to them as soon as I could.
    I've done that, but still not heard anything.

How should I go about emailing them in regards to a 2nd interview?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SleepyBones)
    Hey!

So I had an interview around 2 weeks ago, which went super well. They told me during the interview that I would definitely have a second interview, and to prepare a project (based on the role) and send it off to them as soon as I could.

Thanks
    How long ago did you send the project?
    I would give it at least 2 weeks from that date, then just send an e-mail or call them. If you are polite they dont mind.

Just keep it short simple and polite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    How long ago did you send the project?
    I would give it at least 2 weeks from that date, then just send an e-mail or call them. If you are polite they dont mind.

Just keep it short simple and polite.
    Last week, the interview was the week before that. Hoping I hear something soon
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Last week, the interview was the week before that. Hoping I hear something soon
    You are being impatient. If the job is a serious one then the interview process cant take a long time. they have to schedule a meeting and decide who gets invited and when they are available to interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You are being impatient. If the job is a serious one then the interview process cant take a long time. they have to schedule a meeting and decide who gets invited and when they are available to interview.
    How am I being impatient?

I attended an interview two weeks ago, and have had no correspondence since. It is a small startup company, and I thought I'd of had an acknowledgement email regarding the project that I sent to them.

That is not being impatient!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    How am I being impatient?

I attended an interview two weeks ago, and have had no correspondence since. It is a small startup company, and I thought I'd of had an acknowledgement email regarding the project that I sent to them.

That is not being impatient!
    Except the start date from when they can consider you for second interview is when you submitted your proposal.

They may be waiting for other people and they may also be busy with other things before they get round to recruitment issues. Sometimes recruitment can take several weeks or much longer. there is nothing stopping you giving them a ring and expressing your concern about the speed of progress.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey!

Thanks

Hi,

There’s nothing wrong with sending the company an e-mail looking to see if there has been any update on your application or interview – as the other posts have mentioned, if it’s a smaller company they may be busy dealing with an unexpected business request which is using the time they would have set aside for recruitment.

As long as your e-mail is polite and indicates you are simply looking to see if there is any new information about your interview or your project, it will hopefully show the company you are keen in developing a career with them.

I hope this is useful but if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

Good luck!

Tom – National Careers Service Team.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.