Turn on thread page Beta

Confessing to crush - good or bad idea? watch

I can tell this is just another one of my dumb crushes, that lasts a few months, or longer.
    To be honest, I dont want a relationship at all, I'm trying to focus on studies but I hate the depression that comes along with crushing on girls, and I just want to either get rid of that or stop liking her altogether. Do I avoid her and not go to the places she goes? Or not? Should I confess to her or will that make matters worse, in regards to me feeling empty and sad around her?

I just want some way to get away from it all, be happy and not constantly feel as if I can't talk to anyone and that I'll never get anyone.
    Any advice? Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can tell this is just another one of my dumb crushes, that lasts a few months, or longer.
    To be honest, I dont want a relationship at all, I'm trying to focus on studies but I hate the depression that comes along with crushing on girls, and I just want to either get rid of that or stop liking her altogether. Do I avoid her and not go to the places she goes? Or not? Should I confess to her or will that make matters worse, in regards to me feeling empty and sad around her?

I just want some way to get away from it all, be happy and not constantly feel as if I can't talk to anyone and that I'll never get anyone.
    Any advice? Thanks
    If you want to get over her, avoid her and minimise interaction

If you want a shot, then flirt, see how she responds, get her number, etc etc then ask her out - confessions are much more awkaRd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Any advice? Thanks
    I was the same. There was a girl in my school who I'd never spoken to but really liked (and had liked her for 2 years). I told her and she said sorry but she doesn't feel the same way. This was at the start of December. I now feel empty and sad all the time.

(Original post by Baza2002)
    I was the same. There was a girl in my school who I'd never spoken to but really liked (and had liked her for 2 years). I told her and she said sorry but she doesn't feel the same way. This was at the start of December. I now feel empty and sad all the time.
    Yeahh I guess I shouldn't take that risk then - ___- :P

ReputationRep:
    I’m in a similar situation. I’m a female and I like this guy. The only thing that is getting in the way of me telling him is the fact that I have a class with him and it would be awkward. I wish I had the confidence to flirt with him and see how it goes but to be honest, I’m hopefully going to uni in September so what’s the point?

I'm having the same problem with this guy lately. I've never really spoken to him so the only place I need to avoid him is at uni; at least until I can get over him. If you like the girl OP, just tell her; sometimes, girls wait around for guys to do the confessing.

ReputationRep:
    As a girl, I’d want to know if a boy had a crush on me or not. Even if he doesn’t want a relationship, It would make my day to know that he finds me attractive.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.