Turn on thread page Beta

Geography or History? watch

• View Poll Results: History or Geography
    Geography
    80.00%
    History
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i am in year 8 and i am choosing my GCSEs in march. I am doing Triple science, psychology, Spanish and I need to choose between geography and history, I have thought about doing combined science but It will not be wise. I am achieving grade 6s in both Geography and History, which one?

ReputationRep:
    history is a lot more interesting
    geography is a lot easier

in the long run to be honest it really won't matter lol. don't worry too much, just go for the one you prefer, they're seen as academically equivalent in terms of how respected they are etc... not that anyone really will care what you got / took at GCSE after results day

ReputationRep:
    i did both and everyone i know thinks geography is alot easier. History is more difficult especially when u add sources. Personally i think history is a more enjoyable and interesting subject but it is harder ans is a big step up from junior school to GCSE, and a big essay subject
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychoAnalyser)
    Hello, i am in year 8 and i am choosing my GCSEs in march. I am doing Triple science, psychology, Spanish and I need to choose between geography and history, I have thought about doing combined science but I will not be wise. I am achieving grade 6s in both Geography and History, which one?
    Whatever you choose won't make a practical difference. They don't even need you to study either at GCSE to do the A Level.

Pick whichever one you'd enjoy more.

ReputationRep:
    I like them both equally although I am sort of siding with history as I have a sub grade higher in History.

ReputationRep:
    I did GCSE History but A Level geography, imo choose what you want lol

ReputationRep:
    History is interesting but hard and geography is boring but easy, go with what you enjoy most. I’ve taken both and they’re just as respected as each other

ReputationRep:
    I did both. I throughly enjoyed them. You have to know yourself what you’re most interested in. Do you like learning about past events or do you like exploring how natural occurrences like earthquakes affect people, or how our planet earth works? Each cover social, political, economic aspects. Both are factual. Geography you’ll need to learn case studies, and history, facts and figures. Equally they both can be challenging especially if you decide to pursue them further into A-levels or University.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.