Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I want to get into electric guitar. For now I've been playing fingerstyle acoustic.
    The epiphone les paul standard / slash is the most compelling in terms of looks.
    But fender telecaster standard is also cool.
    Do you guys have any advise? My budget is no more than 500 euro.
    BTW do you think its ok for me to pay in cash? I've saved up over the years but I don't have a bank account
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How old are you?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    Go to a shop and play some. They are bound to have Teles and LPs in stock. Play some and see what feels right to you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Namealredytaken)
    I'm amazed at how many nearly adults don't have bank accounts.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Take into consideration you will need an amp of electric guitar. Although amps can be expecive you can get some cheap ones to start out with. look at amps around 5 watts and 20 watts dependig on your needs. Marshall do a decently a priced amp that Jack Black used in the school of rock.
    Marshall MS-2 Micro Amp
    Have a look at Squier a make by Fender that are cheaper than actual Fenders great for those who are on a buget.
    If you go to a music shop ask the staff that work there for advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namealredytaken)
    Hey, I want to get into electric guitar. For now I've been playing fingerstyle acoustic.
    The epiphone les paul standard / slash is the most compelling in terms of looks.
    But fender telecaster standard is also cool.
    Do you guys have any advise? My budget is no more than 500 euro.
    BTW do you think its ok for me to pay in cash? I've saved up over the years but I don't have a bank account
    Yeah, I wanna get into it too, not sure what to buy either, just go to your shop and try out as many different ones as you can in your price range that you like the look of

Take into consideration that you'll need an amp too. They can be expensive, depending on which you go for. The Boss Kotana's recommended for beginners, and the Fender Mustang amps, they were recommended to me and was told that they're the best beginner amps out there. Last thing you need is to invest in bad quality gear that will put you off learning. But for your price range, you could easily get really good ones.

Of course it'd be ok for you to pay in cash

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.