Turn on thread page Beta

Should I report my Muslim friend watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Me and my "so" called friend went to the masjid for Friday prayer. I waited outside because I don't pray.

But anyway, he came out of the masjid with another pair of shoes that were more expensive and flashier than the ones he had initially entered the masjid with.

He went from wearing a pair £40 nike trainers, to a luxury branded spiked Christian Louboutins trainers!

I asked him what had happened to the original pair that he wore to enter the masjid, and he said someone had taken them and didn't want to walk the streets of London bare footed.

I told him, he should have taken the slippers that were outside the toilets instead of stealing. But he got angry and stormed off.

Should I report him?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Phd InBeingA Bum)
    Me and my "so" called friend went to the masjid for Friday prayer. I waited outside because I don't pray.

But anyway, he came out of the masjid with another pair of shoes that were more expensive and flashier than the ones he had initially entered the masjid with.

He went from wearing a pair £40 nike trainers, to a luxury branded spiked Christian Louboutins trainers!

I asked him what had happened to the original pair that he wore to enter the masjid, and he said someone had taken them and didn't want to walk the streets of London bare footed.

I told him, he should have taken the slippers that were outside the toilets instead of stealing. But he got angry and stormed off.

Should I report him?
    When did this happen? and what do you feel in your heart that you should do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    When did this happen? and what do you feel in your heart that you should do?
    It happened today, I don't know if I should snitch on him. Is it worth the trouble.

Some poor guy is walking around bare footed because he wore a £900 designer trainer to a place of worship.

ReputationRep:
    CCTV in Masjid no?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You should tbh, what kind of lowlife steals someone elses creps from a Mosque?

ReputationRep:
    Sahih Bukhari (81:780) - The Prophet said, "The hand should be cut off for stealing something that is worth a quarter of a Dinar or more."

i am not sure how much a Dinar is but these shoes probably cost more than a quarter of a Dinar :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Basically like stealing someone else's car cuz yours was stolen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    CCTV in Masjid no?
    Yeah, but that masjid is small and always crammed like a tin of sardines.

So the chances of finding his head among all those other heads bumping into each other, is a mission!

ReputationRep:
    Report him

ReputationRep:
    Me as a Muslim would sit with him politely and talk and convince him to go back to the mosque with his own pair of shoes and slipper and put the shoes back where he got it from or go at that time when everyone is finished praying and hold those shoes and wait for the actual owner of those shoes and applogize and then go home happily.
    That's what I would do if one of my friends were in that kind of situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Sahih Bukhari (81:780) - The Prophet said, "The hand should be cut off for stealing something that is worth a quarter of a Dinar or more."

i am not sure how much a Dinar is but these shoes probably cost more than a quarter of a Dinar :holmes:
    I don't know which part of the Middle East you are from, but out here in the west we are more civilised and don't always resort to violence.

ReputationRep:

Should I report him?
    yessssssss brother you must report him to the mosque,i pray that when you report him brother that Allah increase you in faith and knowledge for your righteous deed.
    assalmu alaykum

This reminds me of this time, I accidentally wore someone's shoes; they were the exact same brand, the exact shoe size/style and everything. The only difference was that they looked slightly new and tighter (like new shoes feel). The shoe area was dark so I didn't see which ones I picked (it just so happened that the other person put theirs right next to mine). Fast forward one week, I went over to my friends and it turned out the shoes were hers. I wore the exact same mixed up shoes to her house and was able to swap them LOL what a flippin coincidence!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know which part of the Middle East you are from, but out here in the west we are more civilised and don't always resort to violence.
    True but it's a marvellous deterrent.

Acid attackers need amputations without anesthetic. We are far far too lenient

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.