Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will I qualify as an Independent Student? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am in the process of applying for my student finance. I am currently working full-time and I support myself financially. I have been self-supporting since July 2015, which is not enough to meet the 36 month criteria, however by the time that I go to uni I will have surpassed 36 months. Does this mean I am still eligible to apply as Independent?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Lauradawn97)
    I am in the process of applying for my student finance. I am currently working full-time and I support myself financially. I have been self-supporting since July 2015, which is not enough to meet the 36 month criteria, however by the time that I go to uni I will have surpassed 36 months. Does this mean I am still eligible to apply as Independent?
    Hi Lauradawn97,

To be classed as financially independent for the purposes of receiving Student Finance, you must have been supporting yourself financially for 3 years prior to the start of the first academic year of your course.
    We will request financial evidence to support your application for independent status.

Send what you have just now, including a copy of your P60 for tax year 2017/2018 once you receive it with a cover letter and then send copies of your payslips once you have them to show 36 monrths self support.

Thanks Rona

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.