Part-Time Maintenance Loan Watch

carrieTP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, I don't seem to be getting a reply on my previous thread so starting a new one.

I've found the following which gives lots of info about how the new part-time maintenance loans will work:

http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/m...for-201819.pdf

Could you please elaborate on the course eligibility for part-time maintenance loans for new students after 01-08-2018?

I understand that full Level 6 degree courses will be eligible from September 2018 but Level 4 and 5 (Cert HE, FdA) courses will not be eligible until September 2019.

However, please can you clarify the eligibility of stand-alone (Level 6, 120 credits) BA (Hons) Top-Up courses? These courses are designed for students with a previous Level 5 qualification such as a FdA in order for them to achieve a full degree but they are stand-alone and do not follow automatically from a FdA course. The one I want is at a different institution and I need to apply for it.

Will this course be eligible:
'BA (Hons) Creative Art and Design Practice - Top-Up'
Taught at Buxton and Leek College
Validated by University of Derby

https://www.blc.ac.uk/university-lev...ode=he6lkartt1

I need to know before I apply for the course and as you are not opening loan applications until the summer it will be too late to apply for the course. This makes it difficult to plan ahead and seek alternatives.

Thanks,
Carrie
Rona SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by carrieTP)
Hi, I don't seem to be getting a reply on my previous thread so starting a new one.

I've found the following which gives lots of info about how the new part-time maintenance loans will work:

http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/m...for-201819.pdf

Could you please elaborate on the course eligibility for part-time maintenance loans for new students after 01-08-2018?

I understand that full Level 6 degree courses will be eligible from September 2018 but Level 4 and 5 (Cert HE, FdA) courses will not be eligible until September 2019.

However, please can you clarify the eligibility of stand-alone (Level 6, 120 credits) BA (Hons) Top-Up courses? These courses are designed for students with a previous Level 5 qualification such as a FdA in order for them to achieve a full degree but they are stand-alone and do not follow automatically from a FdA course. The one I want is at a different institution and I need to apply for it.

Will this course be eligible:
'BA (Hons) Creative Art and Design Practice - Top-Up'
Taught at Buxton and Leek College
Validated by University of Derby

https://www.blc.ac.uk/university-lev...ode=he6lkartt1

I need to know before I apply for the course and as you are not opening loan applications until the summer it will be too late to apply for the course. This makes it difficult to plan ahead and seek alternatives.

Thanks,
Carrie
Hi Carrie,

You can be confident that students starting a top up course from academic year 2018/19 will be eligible to apply for a Part Time Maintenance Loan PTML.

I have checked on the database and as yet the University of Derby have not updated the database with eligible courses for academic year 2018/19.

Thanks Rona
carrieTP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi Carrie,

You can be confident that students starting a top up course from academic year 2018/19 will be eligible to apply for a Part Time Maintenance Loan PTML.

I have checked on the database and as yet the University of Derby have not updated the database with eligible courses for academic year 2018/19.

Thanks Rona
Thank you Rona, that's great :-)
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (763)
90.4%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (81)
9.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed