Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I always get cold really easy, anything under 15oC and i'm shivering, which is not helped by living in england which is freezing all the time. But its been getting worse this year to the point where the 7 minute walk from my school to my car is unbearable and causes me to lose feeling in my hands, feet and part of my legs. Today i stood outside for an hour at lunch, inside areas were closed, and shivered the entire time which even for me is unusual. But towards the end my hands were so cold they felt like they were burning like they were on fire. I went in for my last lesson for an hour and only managed to regain partial feeling my hands and feel but felt really tired and a bit jittery. Then on the way to the car my teeth started chattering so hard it was jerking my head so i couldnt see properly and i felt like i couldnt breath. I only just made it to the car and started breathing really heavily, a bit like a panic attack. after i got home it took about an hour and a half to regain all feeling and basic motor functions.Sorry that was so long. Has anyone experienced something similar or might have a clue what happened??It was around 5oC when this happened and others were cold but otherwise completely normal. And i was wearing a lot of thick clothing as well, more than everyone else.Any help would be much appreciated.

could be raynauds
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Dont know how I can help but have your tried wearing gloves on your hands?

I suggest you see a doctor about this just in case. Other than that you could try wearing thicker socks and gloves, hand warmers are also great.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2018
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.