Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In my first set of mocks(Christmas 2017), we did the exam taken by the year 11s taken in 2017, so the first year to do the new GCSE Maths specification. However, our maths teacher, in year 10, told us not to revise the specimen papers on the websites he recommended us for revision because it was supposedly going to be used in the mocks, which didn't happen. Today, I asked him and he said that I can use the specifications for practice (we've been doing practice tests throughout class for preparation, and a bit of the specimen papers) and I first asked him about the grade boundaries and he said that for a grade 9, they're going to be a bit higher than the last year's exam, per paper(which was roughly 64 marks) and said something that the papers for the 2nd mocks will be in the old specification but technically on the new specification, which I didn't undertsand that much what he was on about and Edexcel does has mock papers online, along with 3 sets, but what do you guys reckon the 3 papers I will take next week will be based on?!

ReputationRep:
    My mocks in maths has a lot of wordy sort of questions that could easily trick you out - triangles, ratio+proportion, just make sure you can understand the question as in my mocks I dropped 20 marks just by misreading the question
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S0PHIESB)
    My mocks in maths has a lot of wordy sort of questions that could easily trick you out - triangles, ratio+proportion, just make sure you can understand the question as in my mocks I dropped 20 marks just by misreading the question
    Thanks, yeah I will revise those more. But I mean what papers were they, Edexcel's mock sets, specimens, etc.?? I was meant to say what papers will they be, not just what topics they were based on, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh okay sorry!! Well our mock was put together by teachers - there’s a website called exampro Where teachers get questions from but I don’t know how to access it. Some people online have ‘predicted’ the new gcse so I think ours was based around that too. But check edexcel, there’s a really good website called Corbettmaths that has specemin papers and past papers - there is no one way of knowing what he teachers will put together or choose 😅 but you can definitely be prepared
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S0PHIESB)
    Ahhh okay sorry!! Well our mock was put together by teachers - there’s a website called exampro Where teachers get questions from but I don’t know how to access it. Some people online have ‘predicted’ the new gcse so I think ours was based around that too. But check edexcel, there’s a really good website called Corbettmaths that has specemin papers and past papers - there is no one way of knowing what he teachers will put together or choose 😅 but you can definitely be prepared
    I've got access to Exampro, shall I kindly give you the login details for it?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.