Turn on thread page Beta

using a face sauna with heart problems watch

this is going to sound like the stupidest, most hypochondriac-esque question ever but I kinda need an opinion

basically I have this facial sauna and it says not to use it if you have heart disease or diabetes. Now I'm not going so far as to say I have heart disease or diabetes but having looked up why saunas are bad for those with these illnesses and going into more depth it seems as though if you use a sauna those with heart related problems you will be at a greater risk of suffering heart attack, something to do with the increase in heart rate.

I had an ECG done on my heart after my gp discovered a heart murmur, the nurse at the hospital said everything was fine and that I shouldn't worry, they sent it away to another hospital to have it processed and the results aren't back yet but I just recently recieved a letter for an appointment where I'll have to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours. This has me worried thinking that there is something seriously wrong with my heart if they have to monitor it.

So should I use the sauna? I know it sounds ridiculous but for someone with health anxiety I am genuinely worried something will happen if I use it. I'd ask my GP but it's the weekend so I'd have to wait until monday, but even then it's a ridiculous thing to ask a gp
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    this is going to sound like the stupidest, most hypochondriac-esque question ever but I kinda need an opinion

basically I have this facial sauna and it says not to use it if you have heart disease or diabetes. Now I'm not going so far as to say I have heart disease or diabetes but having looked up why saunas are bad for those with these illnesses and going into more depth it seems as though if you use a sauna those with heart related problems you will be at a greater risk of suffering heart attack, something to do with the increase in heart rate.

I had an ECG done on my heart after my gp discovered a heart murmur, the nurse at the hospital said everything was fine and that I shouldn't worry, they sent it away to another hospital to have it processed and the results aren't back yet but I just recently recieved a letter for an appointment where I'll have to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours. This has me worried thinking that there is something seriously wrong with my heart if they have to monitor it.

So should I use the sauna? I know it sounds ridiculous but for someone with health anxiety I am genuinely worried something will happen if I use it. I'd ask my GP but it's the weekend so I'd have to wait until monday, but even then it's a ridiculous thing to ask a gp
    Hiya. Since you're having investigation done I'd play it safe and not use the face sauna. Hopefully everything goes well with the tests and there's nothing seriously wrong, but you might as well play it safe for now.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Kindred)
    Hiya. Since you're having investigation done I'd play it safe and not use the face sauna. Hopefully everything goes well with the tests and there's nothing seriously wrong, but you might as well play it safe for now.
    ok, thanks for the reply

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.