Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on whether to study mechanical or automotive engineering at Uni.

Would automotive engineering restrict my job opportunities in the future?

I would like to work for an f1 team in the future but which course would increase my chances of getting into f1?

Thank you in advance for your help
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Khayes88)
    Hiya, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on whether to study mechanical or automotive engineering at Uni.

I would like to work for an f1 team in the future but which course would increase my chances of getting into f1?

Hi Khayes88
    If your aim is to work for and F1 team or similar - I'd suggest automotive would be your best bet. Our Auto course also takes part in Formula Student - more info here: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/aae/undergraduate/clubs-and-activities/formula-student/

However - look at the modules, look at what's on offer and make your decision based on that.
    Hope that helps
    Vicky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khayes88)

I know you have posted this in Loughborough but do look at Oxford Brookes as they offer Motorsport Engineering too. They have gradiates in every F1 team and many are recruited from there as they have a strong history of Formula Student success.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    I know you have posted this in Loughborough but do look at Oxford Brookes as they offer Motorsport Engineering too. They have gradiates in every F1 team and many are recruited from there as they have a strong history of Formula Student success.

Good idea - always worth looking at all your options, so you can make an informed decision that suits what you want to do

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2018

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.