Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Helix piercing questions!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got a helix piercing yesterday, it's not too painful at the moment - it hurts if it gets brushed but it's a lot better than I expected!

Since it's sore when touched I'm trying to avoid sleeping on it, I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take for that to stop so I can sleep normally!!?

I'm sure it's different person to person but if anyone has any idea that would be great!

(any other general advice/questions about helix piercings would be welcomed too!!)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say when mine healed completely but I guess I could sleep properly on that side within a week. I did accidentally roll over one night after just getting it done and was in a moderate amount of pain the next day, though.

ReputationRep:
    Mine took a long time to heal and be comfortable to sleep on. Certainly a number of weeks.

Clean it with tea tree oil every day,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    It's hard to say when mine healed completely but I guess I could sleep properly on that side within a week. I did accidentally roll over one night after just getting it done and was in a moderate amount of pain the next day, though.
    Thank you! I thankfully haven't rolled on it yet 😅x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezisola)
    Mine took a long time to heal and be comfortable to sleep on. Certainly a number of weeks.

Clean it with tea tree oil every day,
    Thanks! Worth it if it heals properly I guess! Thank you, I've been using tea tree oil and salt water so hopefully it'll be okay! Have you tried any of the saline sprays? I wasn't sure if they'd be worth a try?x

ReputationRep:
    Had lots of problems with mine, not helped by them originally putting in a ring too small. Then after a couple of months it got ripped in a nightclub requiring a trip to the hospital.

All good now though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Had lots of problems with mine, not helped by them originally putting in a ring too small. Then after a couple of months it got ripped in a nightclub requiring a trip to the hospital.

All good now though!
    Ouch! I have a little stud so hopefully it won't be too bad 😅x

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.