The Student Room Group

Do you ever drive without windscreen washer fluid?

How regularly do you check your windscreen washer fluid levels? Ever been caught on a dirty winter's day with no fluid to clean your windscreen? What brand of fluid are you using?

I, personally, only top mine up when I run out (I know, I know!), or whenever I'm doing my tyre pressures. I've been caught with no fluid before, and had to ration a bottle of water to keep driving!

Let's hear your responses!
Absolutely not, I always make sure my windscreen is completely clean when I drive, and if I run out I'll end up having a break down on the side of the road.

I always keep a 1 litre bottle with windscreen wash fluid in the boot, just in-case.
Reply 2
I have 5L screenwash, anti freeze and engine oil in my boot (mainly because I can’t be bothered to take it out).
Reply 3
My car has a warning light/buzzer when the screen wash gets low. It's from 2002 and I'm honestly pretty surprised that more cars don't have this feature now. I work at a vehicle rental place so we have screen wash on tap - pretty easy to bung some in when I'm doing the rest of my fluid checks before any longer trip.
only once. when I was a new driver. I now keep water in my boot (just in case), and top up with screen wash every few weeks (unless I've used it a lot, I do a lot of motorway travel)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending