Turn on thread page Beta

if you fail your A levels for the second time can you do a foundation year at a university?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    if you fail your A levels for the second time can you do a foundation year at a university?
    You are likely to need A levels for the foundation year.

You may be able to do an Access course, but if you fail A levels you should ask yourself why and whether Uni is really for you.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    You are likely to need A levels for the foundation year.

You may be able to do an Access course, but if you fail A levels you should ask yourself why and whether Uni is really for you.
    what's the difference between an access course and a degree integrated with a foundation year?
    Some unis accept DDD to get into a degree integrated with a foundation year but would they accept a student who achieved DDD the second attempt of their A levels?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    what's the difference between an access course and a degree integrated with a foundation year?
    Some unis accept DDD to get into a degree integrated with a foundation year but would they accept a student who achieved DDD the second attempt of their A levels?
    Access course is at college. Costs an advanced leaner loan which can be written off if you complete a degree .
    Foundation year at uni. Costs one years student finance.

I doubt they would be bothered if they were resits. If you are getting DDD though I'd think carefully whether Uni is for you.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Access course is at college. Costs an advanced leaner loan which can be written off if you complete a degree .
    Foundation year at uni. Costs one years student finance.

I doubt they would be bothered if they were resits. If you are getting DDD though I'd think carefully whether Uni is for you.
    I'm just curious. In addition, how long is an access course?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I'm just curious. In addition, how long is an access course?
    It is one year and usually 3 days a week of lessons.
    About £7k I think.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.