Turn on thread page Beta

Is murder always wrong? watch

ReputationRep:
    For example if you got raped and you went to the police, however no charges were brought due to a lack of evidence- would it be wrong for you to go and kill the person that raped you? Would you describe a person who gets their own revenge as evil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debates.)
    For example if you got raped and you went to the police, however no charges were brought due to a lack of evidence- would it be wrong for you to go and kill the person that raped you? Would you describe a person who gets their own revenge as evil?
    Yes, murder is always wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it'd be wrong to kill a rapist because as horrendous as rape is

A) The rapist didn't murder you, you're still alive and they're not

B) Just because a person is evil, doesn't mean that you should also become evil. If someone stole my stuff, it'd not be moral for me to go steal even more of their stuff to get back at them. That'd make me a bad person as well. Don't imitate bad people.

C) Even if you reject point A) and B) and you think rape ought to be punishable by death, ordinary citizens can't decide those things by themselves individually, otherwise we'd be living in a jungle where people get to decide what punishment fits any crime committed against them.

Punishment, in civilised societies, is carried out by the courts and the police. Not by individual citizens, no matter how much I or anyone else might sympathise with your case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    Yes it'd be wrong to kill a rapist because as horrendous as rape is

A) The rapist didn't murder you, you're still alive and they're not

B) Just because a person is evil, doesn't mean that you should also become evil. If someone stole my stuff, it'd not be moral for me to go steal even more of their stuff to get back at them. That'd make me a bad person as well. Don't imitate bad people.

C) Even if you reject point A) and B) and you think rape ought to be punishable by death, ordinary citizens can't decide those things by themselves individually, otherwise we'd be living in a jungle where people get to decide what punishment fits any crime committed against them.

Punishment, in civilised societies, is carried out by the courts and the police. Not by individual citizens, no matter how much I or anyone else might sympathise with your case.
    The rapist destroyed your life though and get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baza2002)
    Yes, murder is always wrong.
    No its not

ReputationRep:
    No its not
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baza2002)
    Why not?
    Some people don't deserve to live that's why. Remove the man remove the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Some people don't deserve to live that's why. Remove the man remove the problem.
    Ok how about this scenario - which is surprisingly common.

Man gets drunk with girl he has only just met. She gives him the come on, he does the deed. Next day she cries rape. Should he be murdered

ReputationRep:
    Would people say that murdering Hitler is wrong? Yes I invoked Godwin's law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    Yes.
    ugh **** off.

ReputationRep:
    ugh **** off.
    .... why tell me to **** off instead of engaging in debate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    Ok how about this scenario - which is surprisingly common.

Man gets drunk with girl he has only just met. She gives him the come on, he does the deed. Next day she cries rape. Should he be murdered
    I'm talking about the situation where YOU were raped. A situation where you know for certain someone is a rapist.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    .... why tell me to **** off instead of engaging in debate?
    Because I've heard these type of arguments before and its a load of bs.

ReputationRep:
    Because I've heard these type of arguments before and its a load of bs.
    Sigh. How could you possibly know my argument is bs if you haven’t heard it?

And why create a debate thread if you are just going to say all arguments against yours are bs?

ReputationRep:
    Remove the man remove the problem create a worse problem

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. How could you possibly know my argument is bs if you haven’t heard it?

And why create a debate thread if you are just going to say all arguments against yours are bs?
    When it comes to debate the arguments people use when it comes to supporting one side have a similar theme to them.

And I created so I can shout abuse at people like you

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to debate the arguments people use when it comes to supporting one side have a similar theme to them.

And I created so I can shout abuse at people like you
    What a waste of time you are then.

ReputationRep:
    **** off you little virgin. Actual state of you
    Coming from the person insulting people across the Internet.

Reported. I’m not having vile insults and rude language thrown at me.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.