Turn on thread page Beta

Driving test!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any advice on how much lessons roughly you should take to get you ready for the test? I’ve just recently started taking lessons, only taken 3 so far. I have good control of the car and I’m a good driver as I practice everyday. When should I know that I’m test ready?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown19x)
    Any advice on how much lessons roughly you should take to get you ready for the test? I’ve just recently started taking lessons, only taken 3 so far. I have good control of the car and I’m a good driver as I practice everyday. When should I know that I’m test ready?
    As many as it takes. Some people pass the 1st time other 5+. The important thing is that you get on the road when your ready. Some people are natural whilst others are not. Bets of luck though

ReputationRep:
    I've heard around 30-40 hours is usually enough, not all of them necessarily have to be with a driving instructor once you've got the hang of the basics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashanna98)
    I've heard around 30-40 hours is usually enough, not all of them necessarily have to be with a driving instructor once you've got the hang of the basics
    Mock tests also help. My sister has just passed and this is what she told me anyway.. I nope it has helped
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I had around 16 (1 hour and a half) lessons, and lots of private practice.

Just tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Learning to drive

ReputationRep:
    I’ve had 40hours and just booked my test, I would have maybe booked it a little sooner if it wasn’t for my old instructor holding me back. If you feel confident, then go for it. Doing mock tests definitely helps, I had one the other day and passed. Will have another next week, just hope the nerves don’t get the better of me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoefj30)
    I’ve had 40hours and just booked my test, I would have maybe booked it a little sooner if it wasn’t for my old instructor holding me back. If you feel confident, then go for it. Doing mock tests definitely helps, I had one the other day and passed. Will have another next week, just hope the nerves don’t get the better of me!
    Good luck with your test x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoefj30)
    Good luck! Do instructors charge more for mock tests?

ReputationRep:
    One for every year of your age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyking)
    Good luck with your test x
    Thanks 😌

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Do instructors charge more for mock tests?
    Nope not that I know of, well mine doesn’t. Just pay the usual amount for each hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    One for every year of your age.
    Very funny. I’d probably be dead by the time I learn how to drive then

ReputationRep:
    My test is in 3 weeks and I would have had 28 hours no private practice

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.