Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hiya everyone.

    So.. I have a question and I really need help and advice about a situation.

    So I was offered a place on a Level 3 Diploma Health and Social care course and had studied at college. Although half way through my course I came out of college as I went through bullying at the time, and back then I wasn't in a great mind set and gave up (regret it even til this day) and didn't feel as confident as I've got better over time.

    So I have a incomplete diploma. However, during my time over the year I felt so dedicated to continue my folder of my Health & Social care and studied at home off my own back, using the guidelines of every module, covering the criterias, studies, doing case studies and various bits you would do at college. And I completed all units of my folder from home and self taught. My folder isn't rushed and a quick write up or anything like that. My folder is very thorough and I do believe its as good as it would be if I was at college all the way through to finish my diploma.

    My questions are:
    Can I get my folder assessed?
    Is there someone I can approach about this?

    I know it's my own fault to have gave up on my course and wasn't in the right mind state towards bullying. But seeing my full folder covering all units putting in so much time and just as you would cover the modules at college, It's a shame to see it go to waste.

    I was thinking if you can have your folder assessed, or if I had to go college again and maybe update my folder if needed or focus on modules that I may need to do if it wasn't to meet criteria/ parts missing that I might need?

    Would really appreciate some advice as I often wonder if my folder has gone to waste or whether its worth chasing up about.

    Thanks all
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Moved to BTEC.
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources


Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.