The Student Room Group

Too late to pass them?

I’ve only just started to put my head down in class, am I too late???
Reply 1
Most likely.
What have ur grades been like recently?
Reply 3
It can be too late, what decides this is if you dead on put your head down and do the work, dont overload yourself, do 20 or 30 minute bursts of going over a certain topic, taking a 5 or 10 minute cool down period, then reviewing the material. This way you can get at least some efficient work done. You should have started earlier but well, now is now and what you do will determine if you pass or not. Good luck
Reply 4
it's never too late with GCSE's
It depends on what your grades are currently.
However, if you work really hard, focus and revise for the next few months you will be in with a good shot of achieving your potential.
Reply 6
i have been getting very mixed reviews on tsr, a lot of people say they started revising like 2 weeks and they came out with 13A*s but most replies in this are saying that it's too late even though there's still 2/3 months left?? someone pls give a straight answer
Reply 7
Original post by zmwxkhr
i have been getting very mixed reviews on tsr, a lot of people say they started revising like 2 weeks and they came out with 13A*s but most replies in this are saying that it's too late even though there's still 2/3 months left?? someone pls give a straight answer

No its not. Get your work done and you will get what you worked for, i wish you luck
Original post by HSennett
It depends on what your grades are currently.
However, if you work really hard, focus and revise for the next few months you will be in with a good shot of achieving your potential.

I got mostly 7s and 6s in my December Year 11 Mocks without little to no revision.

Will I get mostly all 8s if I start revising now?
Reply 9
Not too late but its not ideal either. If you’re in GCSE you should start by next week max. A-level students should have started revision about 2 weeks ago.
Original post by zmwxkhr

It depends on how focused you are and how much basic knowledge you have acquired over the past few years. If you are just starting now to study for the first time 100's of topics you have never seen before then yes, it's too late to cover and excell at everything but not too late to just pass the tests.
What you need to do is make every second count so get your mind to be present for at every sentence you read.
Reply 11
Original post by cryssan
No its not. Get your work done and you will get what you worked for, i wish you luck

thanks dude
Reply 12
Original post by Jazzmina
It depends on how focused you are and how much basic knowledge you have acquired over the past few years. If you are just starting now to study for the first time 100's of topics you have never seen before then yes, it's too late to cover and excell at everything but not too late to just pass the tests.
What you need to do is make every second count so get your mind to be present for at every sentence you read.[/QUOT

it could be subjective though i mean some people spend barely any time revising but a lot goes in whereas for others to understand something it may take them absolutely ages.

Quick Reply

Latest