Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve only just started to put my head down in class, am I too late???

ReputationRep:
    Most likely.

ReputationRep:
    What have ur grades been like recently?

ReputationRep:
    It can be too late, what decides this is if you dead on put your head down and do the work, dont overload yourself, do 20 or 30 minute bursts of going over a certain topic, taking a 5 or 10 minute cool down period, then reviewing the material. This way you can get at least some efficient work done. You should have started earlier but well, now is now and what you do will determine if you pass or not. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    it's never too late with GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what your grades are currently.
    However, if you work really hard, focus and revise for the next few months you will be in with a good shot of achieving your potential.

ReputationRep:
    i have been getting very mixed reviews on tsr, a lot of people say they started revising like 2 weeks and they came out with 13A*s but most replies in this are saying that it's too late even though there's still 2/3 months left?? someone pls give a straight answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zmwxkhr)
    i have been getting very mixed reviews on tsr, a lot of people say they started revising like 2 weeks and they came out with 13A*s but most replies in this are saying that it's too late even though there's still 2/3 months left?? someone pls give a straight answer
    No its not. Get your work done and you will get what you worked for, i wish you luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSennett)
    It depends on what your grades are currently.
    However, if you work really hard, focus and revise for the next few months you will be in with a good shot of achieving your potential.
    I got mostly 7s and 6s in my December Year 11 Mocks without little to no revision.

Will I get mostly all 8s if I start revising now?

ReputationRep:
    Not too late but its not ideal either. If you’re in GCSE you should start by next week max. A-level students should have started revision about 2 weeks ago.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zmwxkhr)
    It depends on how focused you are and how much basic knowledge you have acquired over the past few years. If you are just starting now to study for the first time 100's of topics you have never seen before then yes, it's too late to cover and excell at everything but not too late to just pass the tests.
    What you need to do is make every second count so get your mind to be present for at every sentence you read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cryssan)
    No its not. Get your work done and you will get what you worked for, i wish you luck
    thanks dude

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Jazzmina;76333224]It depends on how focused you are and how much basic knowledge you have acquired over the past few years. If you are just starting now to study for the first time 100's of topics you have never seen before then yes, it's too late to cover and excell at everything but not too late to just pass the tests.
    What you need to do is make every second count so get your mind to be present for at every sentence you read.[/QUOT

it could be subjective though i mean some people spend barely any time revising but a lot goes in whereas for others to understand something it may take them absolutely ages.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.