Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a rough idea now of when entitlement is and if this is when we will receive timetables? I need to apply for childcare but not really sure what days/hours I will need to add on! My daughter will be in nursery and will have 15 hours already free but I will need to put her in for a few extra hours.. can I still fill the forms all in before I know exact amount of hours she will be doing?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Contact your uni and ask how many days you’ll be in. I asked when I was at my open day and I know that I’ll be in uni for 3 days a week.
    I’ll be applying for childcare for those 3 full days (well 3 days of breakfast and after school club because my children are older) and then adjusting it if I need to later.

ReputationRep:
    Ye looking at the current timetable for what students are doing this year it looks like 3 days a wk, just not sure on start times so don’t know if my children will
    Need an extra early start in the mornings or normal hours.. can I just do an estimate for the forms and then adjust it come
    September if need be?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you fill it in with an estimate, and you get paid with your first lot of student finance for that amount. Then, once you have started, you fill in another form with the actual hours and the following payment (January) is adjusted accordingly... any overpayment will be taken off then xx

ReputationRep:
    That’s great thanks, when is the first payment usually? Is the childcare element all paid at the same time as any maintenance loan etc?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, apparently it gets paid at the same time as maintenance loan xx

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.