Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I don't know how to talk to guys? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm 16 and all my life I have gone to an all girls school. I have had very minimal talk with guys apart from family. My dad for some reason is really over protective. Whenever I talk to a guy (like on a MUN conference) its always a question or some sort of small talk. I notice I get really shy while I am talking and want to get away.I can't talk to them like I do to girls; I talk confidently.I'm worried cos I'm probably going to go to uni not knowing how to normally talk to guys without looking weird? Any advice please...

ReputationRep:
    Hey

ReputationRep:
    don't be shyyyy !!!!!! be friendly

ReputationRep:
    just talk to them like they are your female friends. once you have a few guy friends it shouid be easier to talk to guys in a romantic sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starzer)
    Hi I'm 16 and all my life I have gone to an all girls school. I have had very minimal talk with guys apart from family. My dad for some reason is really over protective. Whenever I talk to a guy (like on a MUN conference) its always a question or some sort of small talk. I notice I get really shy while I am talking and want to get away.I can't talk to them like I do to girls; I talk confidently.I'm worried cos I'm probably going to go to uni not knowing how to normally talk to guys without looking weird? Any advice please...
    you talk about guys like they're some alien species lmao.
    They're human like all of us, and I'm sure you'll find a guy at Uni similar to your own personality type who you'll get on well with

for the record im a girl, and i find the opposite, lmao, i find it easier to talk to guys
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by starzer)
    If you're not used to talking to the opposite gender it can be a bit awkward at first but with practice you'll find it easier and that conversations flow better. Just talk to them normally, ask about their day, their interests, try and make us laugh or talk about something interesting, once you have some experience you'll find it easier to chat to men.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You talk to guys the same way as you talk to girls, there's no magic formula.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    You talk to guys the same way as you talk to girls, there's no magic formula.
    Hey, where did you buy that eyeliner xx(like this?)

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks I agree with all your opinions and will take on the advice. I guess I was overthinking it a bit.

Hit him with those good old hard Brexit values, can of carling and a bacon sarnie
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.