Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m in my final year and seriously stressing about doing badly and I’m trying to plan for the worst so I can avoid it! Each unit is worth 30 credits

First unit - dissertation
    100% (not done yet)

Second unit
    40% I got 68
    60% not done yet

Third unit
    50% I got 55
    50% I need to 65 for a 2:1

Fourth unit
    50% I got 55
    50% I need to get 65 for a 2:1

I wanted to know what I need to get in my dissertation and second unit 60% grade to get a 2:1 overall is someone could please help me you’d be saving me from a breakdown, thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Universityhelpme)
    I’m in my final year and seriously stressing about doing badly and I’m trying to plan for the worst so I can avoid it! Each unit is worth 30 credits

First unit - dissertation
    100% (not done yet)

Second unit
    40% I got 68
    60% not done yet

Third unit
    50% I got 55
    50% I need to 65 for a 2:1

Fourth unit
    50% I got 55
    50% I need to get 65 for a 2:1

I wanted to know what I need to get in my dissertation and second unit 60% grade to get a 2:1 overall is someone could please help me you’d be saving me from a breakdown, thanks!

For your second unit you need 54.67 to average 60.

You would then need to get 60 in your dissertation

There is nothing further that gives you meaningful insight. Assuming your third year counts for 100% of your course, you would need 60, 54.6, 65,65 from the remaining parts of the four units respectively to get 60 overall, but if for example you got 100 in your dissertation (ha) then it would decrease the other numbers, unless there is a special rule for your university that you must get 60 or above in all units to get a 60.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.