The Student Room Group

Any tips?

I would highly appreciate help or advice to get really good grades in the New 9 1 gcse subjects! I am taking: Triple science, geogrpahy,history,French and the other core subjects in higher tier.
I thought I was doing well untillcmy last mock results that I was devastated at, I have another set of mocks in a week. anyone please help on what I should do and how I should revise as something is not going quite right. Also, I would want to do a level biology so I would need a 7 at gcse, any tips?
All comments appreciated!
Reply 1
Do as many past papers as you can. Exam technique is always a big factor towards success so fit this in whenever you can. Also try and do these past papers under exam conditions and time them so you get used to allocating a certain amount of time to specific types of questions. For biology learn as many key words as possible and have a look at some mark schemes for past papers that you have to look at all of the development you need in your answer. Mark schemes are always a good idea to perfect your exam technique and see how much or how little detail you need to go into, but make sure it’s your exam board!! Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Don't wash your hair with a hat on.
Reply 3
thank you @kbella
Reply 4
and what do you mean @gjd800
Reply 5
Original post by Dominika73
and what do you mean @gjd800

A tip that will get us all far in life :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by gjd800
A tip that will get us all far in life :smile:

I see what you mean but could you elaborate?
Reply 7
this I haven't seen before but it won't get me far will it :smile:
Reply 8
well if I actually had them
what exam boards u doing for science?
Original post by Gent2324
what exam boards u doing for science?

I am doing aqa
Original post by gjd800
Don't wash your hair with a hat on.

All this mystery... could you explain please? I am interested in it
Reply 13