The Student Room Group

Whether my grades would be good enough for oxbridge

I took a Russian GCSE 2 years before my others, and I got a B. In the other GCSE's I received all A* grades. My question is whether the B would harm my chances of getting into oxbridge?
Reply 1
Of course not.. be happy to have those grades, I wish I did. :frown:
Yeah, you’ll be rejected. Obvs

Anything less than an A* is complete failure, and quite frankly embarrassing
Reply 3
It depends what you are wanting to take. If you want to take Languages then thats a bit suspicious, but if its another subject I doubt 1 B at GCSE would be life or death for Oxbridge. I know people who had 13 A* at GCSE predicted 3 A*'s at A-Level and still didn't get a place. I also know someone with 0A*, 8A, 3B's at GCSE and A*A*A prediction who got a place. They know what they are looking for, so if you like the course, the university and have the entry requirements why not give it a shot? You have 5 choices of Uni's for a reason and you only need 2 acceptances anyway! I would say, however, that your phrasing would concern me. "Oxbridge" is a goal for many (which is achieved by very few), but you shouldn't focus on those specific universities over other things, as you should find the subject you love, then the course you would want and THEN the university, else you will most likely hate it once you get there because you aren't doing what you love. That is my personal opinion anyway and what i have gleamed from friends who are at university now (including those at 'Oxbridge'). It is just a little advice but you can take it or leave it as you want :biggrin: Good luck to you! <3
Reply 4
Original post by LeonWBA
Because of that one B among all of your A*s you're now going to have to become a binman. Sorry bro.

Is this thread meant as a joke or is it actually serious?

I know right.. people like this make me feel bad about my grades. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest