Turn on thread page Beta

Last minute Gap year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically I hold offers but have decided that I would like to look at another option for next year because I would like to gain experience before I go to uni, can anyone help me with alternatives especially this late on?
    I have not completely ruled out uni yet but would appreciate help so that I can compare and find what suits me best,
    TIA
    (PS-it needs to be as low cost as possible)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    The lowest cost gap year will help you save money. Get a job.

ReputationRep:
    I guess only you can decide without knowing more information about what you would like to do. Good luck with the decision
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by CaitlinM1)
    can anyone help me with alternatives especially this late on?
    Hi Caitlin,

as PQ has said, getting a job is a good way to spend your gap year but there are loads of ways to spend it (both with and without money).

UCAS has a great article about ideas you can consider - click here to check it out. ^Kam

ReputationRep:
    There's alot of options on what you decide for your gap year. Whereas some people get a job to save money, others tend to go abroad and volunteer/work and some decide to travel a few months and work a few months. It all depends on what you're looking for in your gap year. Here's an article I found about different gap year options:

https://www.yearon.com/blog/how-to-s...-your-gap-year

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.