Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My background: I have been working as software engineer for the past 15 years. I got my undergraduate degree (mathematics, statistics) in 1999.

What I want to do: want to invest a year to go back to school and get Masters in ML or CSML from UCL. (Planning to apply 18/19 as it gives me time to gather funds and to brush up my math and stat knowledge)

My questions:

0. did any one get offer into ML or CSML masters whose academic background is similar to mine (who got undergraduate degree ages ago) ?

1. One of the admission requirements is recommendation letters from professors. As I finished my degree 19 years ago, not sure how can I get these. Do they consider letters from my colleagues or managers?

2. I am now brushing up my knowledge in Math and Stat. Any suggestions on preparing for admission ? ( like creating an App to showcase it in interview etc!!!)
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.