The Student Room Group

Access course for midwifery (health and social)

Has anybody done this course please. The access course for midwifery x
Original post by Bethanboo2009

Use the search engine to contact other students. I have only seen a few nurses doing DL and one had a good experience with LD.

I generally advise against distance learning because support can be patchy and its also harder without classes and fellow students, especially if you arent good or rusty at studying.

Make sure the course you choose meets the requirements of the unis you wish to go to.

In particular they will state minimum science modules.
They are likely to accept the Health and social care courses or the Health professions ones, which have more science.

https://ava.accesstohe.ac.uk/SubSites/PublicSearch/PublicSearchResult.aspx?tosid=32&smids=2&dsid=32

I did an access course at my local college & I am now studying adult nursing, other students in my classes went on to study midwifery. What do you want to know about it? :smile:
Just about the course in general was it quite difficult, where there any placements to attend also what was the course about x
Just about the course in general was it quite difficult, where there any placements to attend also what was the course about x

It was challenging but by working hard & managing my time I got on fine. The teachers at my college were really helpful & supportive, there was also a lot of support from other students.
At my college there weren’t any placements, as far as I know placements aren’t a requirement of access courses. I did work in healthcare around my course though, so if you want to gain experience, you will have time to work or volunteer around college & studying.
Each college varies their access course structure & content, at my college we did human physiology, chemistry, psychology & sociology. You can normally find out what subjects/content is involved by contacting the college or looking in their website.
I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest