Turn on thread page Beta

I have black box insurance with admiral, it was taken out 2 weeks ago, and the other day I accidentally got up to 70 in a 50 limit. I also have a habit of accelerating to the speed limit quite quickly. How much will this show on the policy, if I drive well for the remainder of the 3 months

ReputationRep:
    if you went over with it in it will depend on your policy.
    I had a black box in, with "bell" a partner of admiral. I already knew that speeding wasn't taken into account.
    there is a point near I lived, an uphill bit that was 30, but I regularly did 35 and I still got a good discount after the 3 months it was in for.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have black box insurance with admiral, it was taken out 2 weeks ago, and the other day I accidentally got up to 70 in a 50 limit. I also have a habit of accelerating to the speed limit quite quickly. How much will this show on the policy, if I drive well for the remainder of the 3 months
    This is why we tell people not to get black boxes :dontknow:

We won't know what the outcome is, you'll have to wait and see. Please do pay more attention in future though.

Tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Cars and motoring.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by RuthieG101)
    if you went over with it in it will depend on your policy.
    I had a black box in, with "bell" a partner of admiral. I already knew that speeding wasn't taken into account.
    there is a point near I lived, an uphill bit that was 30, but I regularly did 35 and I still got a good discount after the 3 months it was in for.
    Indicated 35, probably an actual 32, taking account of tolerances for GPS, it's no wonder they didn't penalise you...

ReputationRep:
    Ride on time.

ReputationRep:
    How do you "accidentally" go 20mph over the speed limit? ...

ReputationRep:
    Chances are that your marks for speeding will drop the score down considerably, especially since 20mph over is considered excessive. Your policy is not the same one as mine, but the speed you were doing is enough to get you 3 points from the get go.

The acceleration may also influence your score if the box checks for it. Just putting it out there, you are going to be lucky if you do not get an email to tell you your policy may be cancelled.

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably get a warning or a cancellation.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    This is why we tell people not to get black boxes :dontknow:

We won't know what the outcome is, you'll have to wait and see. Please do pay more attention in future though.

Tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Cars and motoring.
    This is totally spot on. I wouldnt touch one with a 10 foot barge pole. The things need burning. They are more trouble than they are worth.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.