The Student Room Group

How and where I need to discuss remission of fee for Eton Summer School

I would like to apply to Eton Summer School, but the price is not affordable for me. Their website says that to discuss remission of fees I need to send a letter to the Summer School Secretary.

Does this mean I can send an email, because their website gives the email of their secretary. And what sort of things do I need to say and explain, what do they ask for? Could someone who possibly went through the same process help me please?

Also, does the application have to done by sending a physical copy of the application via mail, or can I do it digitally? I know they have a pdf.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zaephou
I would like to apply to Eton Summer School, but the price is not affordable for me. Their website says that to discuss remission of fees I need to send a letter to the Summer School Secretary.

Does this mean I can send an email, because their website gives the email of their secretary. And what sort of things do I need to say and explain, what do they ask for? Could someone who possibly went through the same process help me please?

Also, does the application have to done by sending a physical copy of the application via mail, or can I do it digitally? I know they have a pdf.

This what I would do.

1. Ring and check whether they require a physical letter. Ask if you cna e-mail.
2. It talks about stapling so I think the application form is physical and your remission letter can go with that. It also talks about signatures.
3 I imagine it needs to include reasons including parental income as to why you cant afford the fee.
4. The closing date is arrival by 1 March, so you are almost out of time.

Application:The Application Form(Parts One and Two), Work Record Form(s)(Part Three)and Head Teacher's/Sixth Form Head’s Confidential Reference (Part Four), must be returned stapled together toreach Eton by 1March.Please note: late applications will not be considered.Applicants will be notified by early April as to whether or not there will be room for them on the Summer School. Thereafter, details of all relevant arrangements will be forwarded in due course.Address:Universities Summer SchoolSecretary,Eton College, WindsorSL4 6DW

Quick Reply

Latest