Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oruese)
    "do their research" goes on to post a link to video from a website that just panders to western feminists who love their muslim-feminism mojo but refuse to demonstrate their "empowerment" in die hard fundamentalist muslim countries.

nice one
    Have you been to a ‘fundamentalist die hard country’?
    If not then you’ve been relying on media.
    Well done 👏🏼
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    Incorrect. Sexuality is akin to having a certain eye colour, you can't change it no matter how hard you try. It is not a choice. If you want to argue this, you can try to be attracted to women and tell us how you fare.

You cannot fully support us if you do not understand us.
    No it isn't you many many Christians have repented of homosexuality and have changed.... don't know where all this nonsense about "you're born gay" came from its totally antithetical to the laws of nature itself.

All species are created/born with a predisposition to procreate to reproduce (human beings are NOT exempt if anything we are part of the overwhelming evidence of this notion because we are the most populous species on earth)can't do that if some of that species is born homosexual can they? Anyone with an above average knowledge of basic biology would know this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaminah03)
    Have you been to a ‘fundamentalist die hard country’?
    If not then you’ve been relying on media.
    Well done 👏🏼
    Lived in northern nigeria which i can tell you is pretty "die hard"

so be quiet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cod3tte)
    Open to anything.
    >sees 'Muslim Girl' and 'Feminist' in the same sentence

Oh boy, this thread is going to get a lot of comments lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aardwolf)
    Well, it is indisputably a choice whether somebody engages in homosexual behaviour or not. If somebody is attracted to people of the same gender, they do not have to act on it, just like a pedophile does not have to act on their attraction to children (not that I am against homosexual behaviour at all, I'm just clarifying the facts).
    Thank you...someone willing enough to convey the simple truth about homosexuality. Hate it when people try to twist scientific fact to pander to societal issues.

ReputationRep:
    lol what a trainwreck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Actually cannot believe the number of men who probably aren't muslims who are trying to argue the principles of Islam to a Muslim woman...
    And you seem to be under the delusion that being a Muslim automatically makes you more educated on Islam than all non-Muslims. That simply isn’t true and this website alone has demonstrated that many Muslims’ knowledge of their own religion is dire and the number of times they’ve had to be corrected by non-Muslims is...well, I’ve lost count.

ReputationRep:

so be quiet
    Alright ok u win.
    Happy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aardwolf)
    I never stated anything about the quality of life of women in Saudi Arabia. All I stated is that women have way less rights in Saudi, something that you openly admit is an issue and that you are fighting against it yourself, so what exactly are you arguing against me over with such a condescending attitude towards me and other westerners? In fact I did not even criticise your laws/culture at all, I just stated facts.
    I didn't say women have way less rights here. I said womens rights here aren't perfect. womens rights around the WORLD aren't perfect, especiallyy in the west, btw (which is often used as the 'model' or 'superior' example of women's rights. which is funny. bc it's almost like westerners are so caught up in foreign human rights violations, that..they're deflecting attention away from their own human rights violations!)

like I said, it's difficult to make conclusions about the state of women's rights here bc there's so much variation. many factors are involved in this variation, like I mentioned before, of socioeconomic status, family views, etc.

it's not about whether your criticisms are right or not, it's about them coming from you. it's about you speaking on our behalf. it's not your place. not your fight.

& noo, ure not stating 'facts'. you pulled up some out-of-context quotes from the Quran (in english btw, which is not as accurate as the original arabic) with certain ~interpretations~ of them. u also linked a news article (such a reliable source!) that has outdated information and stereotypical, click-bait images 🤷🏽 yeah, women here wear nigab (many not out of choice, unfortunately. but to clarify, it's not the dress itself that's the problem as it's their freedom of choice) but also, many women, which you don't SEE (hm, I wonder why? maybee bc it's too relatable for western audiences and doesn't alienate/other/exotify Saudis enough?) wear loose hijabs/no hijabs and colorful abayas.

Actually cannot believe the number of men who probably aren't muslims who are trying to argue the principles of Islam to a Muslim woman...
    It's actually hilarious :rofl: tbf no one takes them seriously anyways

ReputationRep:

so be quiet
    #rekt

ReputationRep:
    What has the fact you're a teenager got to do with anything?

Only question I could think of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remaal)

& noo, ure not stating 'facts'. you pulled up some out-of-context quotes from the Quran (in english btw, which is not as accurate as the original arabic) .
    Well given it’s an English Forum. I would have expect him to use English quotes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    And you seem to be under the delusion that being a Muslim automatically makes you more educated on Islam than all non-Muslims. That simply isn’t true and this website alone has demonstrated that many Muslims’ knowledge of their own religion is dire and the number of times they’ve had to be corrected by non-Muslims is...well, I’ve lost count.
    The mis-information of the masses allows them to be easily controlled, the good ol'catholic church tried to do this back in the day, banning all forms of text concerning the bible unless you were a priest. Till the printing press and martin luther came along.

(Original post by Charliepow)
    how do I react to those few Muslims that use their religion as a way to oppress or look down upon lgtb people? i hope not to offend you btw I'm just curious as Ibe had someone be deeply homophobic to me and when I went to my friends they just replied with well that's his religion.
    thanks
    i’m an ex-muslim (not anti-muslim!!) lesbian so i really relate to that homophobia from muslims, esp as i live in a muslim community (im closeted btw so the homophobia i witness is passive, not directed at me but rather towards lgbt in general. “behind-their-backs” homophobia, the worst kind...)

here’s the thing. i’m not gonna lie to you. being lgbt (being gay & transgender specifically, other sexualities/gender identities aren’t really recognised) is a major sin in islam. it’s why often, lgbt muslims are the first to leave islam. HOWEVER. islam is a religion of peace and tolerance, so muslims must be tolerant with those that they disagree with. this way we can co-exist peacefully (this only applies where muslims are minorities, though. in a majority muslim society, with sharia law..lgbt are punished. lgbt MUSLIMS, to clarify! though being very ~openly~ lgbt in a muslim society, as a non-muslim, can be seen as corruption, and that’d have its own punishment. don’t take my word on that though, it’s probably a law thing & not a religion thing. im assuming you don’t live in a country with sharia law so this doesn’t really apply to you)

..anyway. those muslims were not right to oppress you like that. they still disagree with you, and they don’t necessarily support you, but they shouldn’t discriminate against you.

man though..i totally get the superiority thing. im hesitant to say this, bc islam is already so vilified and i don’t wanna “expose a flaw in it” if you will, but that priority thing does come from the religion. muslims believe that they’re enlightened and are superior knowledge-wise. howeverrr, egoism and TREATING people as inferior is very frowned upon in islam. so there you gonna on that. they shouldn’t *treat* you as inferior. if they do, it’s even against their religion.

(Original post by Charliepow)
    how do I react to those few Muslims that use their religion as a way to oppress or look down upon lgtb people? i hope not to offend you btw I'm just curious as Ibe had someone be deeply homophobic to me and when I went to my friends they just replied with well that's his religion.
    thanks
    i’m an ex-muslim (not anti-muslim!!) lesbian so i really relate to that homophobia from muslims, especially as i live in a muslim community (i’m closeted btw so the homophobia i witness is passive, not directed at me but rather towards lgbt in general. “behind-their-backs” homophobia, the worst kind...)

here’s the thing. im not gonna lie to you. being lgbt (being gay & transgender specifically, other sexualities/gender identities aren’t really recognised) is a major sin in islam. it’s why often not, lgbt muslims are the first to convert. HOWEVER. islam is a religion of peace and tolerance, so muslims must be tolerant with those that they disagree with. this way we can co-exist peacefully (this only applies where muslims are minorities, though. in a majority muslim society, with sharia law..lgbt are punished. lgbt MUSLIMS, to clarify! though, being ~very~ openly lgbt in a muslim society, as a non-muslim, can be seen as corruption, and that’d have its own punishment. though that could be law not religion so don’t take my word for it. i’m assuming you don’t live in a country with sharia law so this doesn’t really apply to you)

..anyway. those muslims were not right to oppress you like that. they still disagree with you, and they don’t necessarily support you, but they shouldn’t discriminate against you.

man though..i totally get the superiority thing. i’m hesitant to say this, bc islam is already so vilified and i don’t wanna “expose a flaw in it,” if you will, but that priority thing does come from the religion. muslims believe that they’re enlightened and are superior knowledge-wise. howeverrr, egoism and TREATING people as inferior is very frowned upon in islam. so there you g on that. they shouldn’t *treat* you as inferior. and if they do, know they’re going against their religion.

ReputationRep:
    i’m an ex-muslim (not anti-muslim!!) lesbian so i really relate to that homophobia from muslims, especially as i live in a muslim community (i’m closeted btw so the homophobia i witness is passive, not directed at me but rather towards lgbt in general. “behind-their-backs” homophobia, the worst kind...)

here’s the thing. im not gonna lie to you. being lgbt (being gay & transgender specifically, other sexualities/gender identities aren’t really recognised) is a major sin in islam. it’s why often not, lgbt muslims are the first to convert. HOWEVER. islam is a religion of peace and tolerance, so muslims must be tolerant with those that they disagree with. this way we can co-exist peacefully (this only applies where muslims are minorities, though. in a majority muslim society, with sharia law..lgbt are punished. lgbt MUSLIMS, to clarify! though, being ~very~ openly lgbt in a muslim society, as a non-muslim, can be seen as corruption, and that’d have its own punishment. though that could be law not religion so don’t take my word for it. i’m assuming you don’t live in a country with sharia law so this doesn’t really apply to you)

man though..i totally get the superiority thing. i’m hesitant to say this, bc islam is already so vilified and i don’t wanna “expose a flaw in it,” if you will, but that priority thing does come from the religion. muslims believe that they’re enlightened and are superior knowledge-wise. howeverrr, egoism and TREATING people as inferior is very frowned upon in islam. so there you g on that. they shouldn’t *treat* you as inferior. and if they do, know they’re going against their religion.
    Thank you so much and I just want to wish you the best, I can't imagine how tough it must be to live a community where you have to hide yourself.

ROFL to all the people crying about hijab, it is a symbol of empowerment for me, no matter how much you try and debate against that, I will keep wearing it no matter what, as it empowers me

ReputationRep:
    on the contrary im pissed off at pretty ignorant people like you perpetuating this totally stupid and completely false narative of muslim women being empowered. Some of these "women" are actually girls forced into marriages with stupid disgusting men when they're like 14 or 15 and get knocked up immediately and then die cos their body can't take the strain COS THEY'RE KIDS.

Only to leave that society and to come here and see imbeciles like you and the thread creator claiming hijab is "empowerment" like islam and female equality are reconcilable talkless of being possible.

Go and live in those societies talk your feminist crap and pray you live to post another stupid comment
    Relax.
    That’s not Islam. That’s just some stupid Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    on the contrary im pissed off at pretty ignorant people like you perpetuating this totally stupid and completely false narative of muslim women being empowered. Some of these "women" are actually girls forced into marriages with stupid disgusting men when they're like 14 or 15 and get knocked up immediately and then die cos their body can't take the strain COS THEY'RE KIDS.

Only to leave that society and to come here and see imbeciles like you and the thread creator claiming hijab is "empowerment" like islam and female equality are reconcilable talkless of being possible.

Go and live in those societies talk your feminist crap and pray you live to post another stupid comment
    Can you at least TRY to talk in a civilised manner instead of ranting on like the hormonal teenager you (probably) are

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.