Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aardwolf)
    Sexual orientation can be influenced over time and it is not determined from birth unlike eye colour.
    Sexual orientation cannot be influenced over time such that it changes and becomes different to that assigned your sex by biology inside your mother's womb.

Biology is made up of two components; anatomy and physiology. For a sexuality to be defined as being natural and normal it has to conform with both these components and be complimented in the partner chosen for a relationship. In men and women anatomy and physiology compliment each other. The physiology of the male compliments that of the female. They are therefore said to be biologically compatible with one another. Homosexuality, transsexuality and all other forms of sexual relations are not natural. The anatomy and physiology of the male does not compliment that of another male e.g. men or women cannot have children with the same sex. Men lack an orifice for a penis in other males. Women lack an organ for the vagina in other women. All forms of non-hetrosexaulity are not biologically natural. They are not the result of nature but rather nurture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oruese)
    on the contrary im pissed off at pretty ignorant people like you perpetuating this totally stupid and completely false narative of muslim women being empowered. Some of these "women" are actually girls forced into marriages with stupid disgusting men when they're like 14 or 15 and get knocked up immediately and then die cos their body can't take the strain COS THEY'RE KIDS.

Only to leave that society and to come here and see imbeciles like you and the thread creator claiming hijab is "empowerment" like islam and female equality are reconcilable talkless of being possible.

Go and live in those societies talk your feminist crap and pray you live to post another stupid comment
    Forced marriage has nothing to do with Islam. It's a cultural thing that sick people have diluted with religion.

Forced marriage is against Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Know Your Enemy)
    What has the fact you're a teenager got to do with anything?

Only question I could think of.
    Okay, my new question is why you no answer my original question? It's not exactly a proper question but this is an AMA and it was all I could think of. :laugh:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Okay, my new question is why you no answer my original question? It's not exactly a proper question but this is an AMA and it was all I could think of. :laugh:
    Sorry, I didn't see your old question, I don't think there are so many posts on here.

A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cod3tte)
    Sorry, I didn't see your old question, I don't think there are so many posts on here.

A
    It's no problem. I just wondered why you felt the need to mention you were a teenager in the title when people of any age/religious demographic can classify themselves as a feminist.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

And I guess me being a teen, well... I don't really know to be honest, I guess it's because as a teenager I'm learning more about women's right's, equality ect.

• Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    What is your favourite aspect of being a muslim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    What is your favourite aspect of being a muslim?
    Call me crazy, but I enjoy fasting and Ramadan.

I started to keep them all when I was 12, and just learning to have the strength to go without was really good for me. Plus it felt really good to finally break my fast after the long day, and it actually made me appreciate the food God has given me.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Call me crazy, but I enjoy fasting and Ramadan.

I started to keep them all when I was 12, and just learning to have the strength to go without was really good for me. Plus it felt really good to finally break my fast after the long day, and it actually made me appreciate the food God has given me.
    That is good to hear x
    When you first started fasting, was it your own choice or your parents advised you to start?

ReputationRep:
    That is good to hear x
    When you first started fasting, was it your own choice or your parents advised you to start?
    It was my own choice

To be honest my parents weren't really keen on the idea of me fasting to begin with because I'm already really small and skinny and they didn't want me to faint or anything. But they never tried to stop me because they knew one day, I would anyway, fast so why hold me back?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    It was my own choice

To be honest my parents weren't really keen on the idea of me fasting to begin with because I'm already really small and skinny and they didn't want me to faint or anything. But they never tried to stop me because they knew one day, I would anyway, fast so why hold me back?
    Ahh yeah, my parents were the same and even till this day, they still are. But sounds like you are stubborn and tbh if you want to fast, then its your own choice. No-one can stop you

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yeah, my parents were the same and even till this day, they still are. But sounds like you are stubborn and tbh if you want to fast, then its your own choice. No-one can stop you
    Yeah you could say I'm pretty stubborn xD
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Yeah you could say I'm pretty stubborn xD
    This is so irrelevant but the first time I came across your username in a thread, I thought you were a guy maybe its cuz of the name lol

ReputationRep:
    This is so irrelevant but the first time I came across your username in a thread, I thought you were a guy maybe its cuz of the name lol
    Lol.

Haha no, I'm 100% sure I'm a girl xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    Sexual orientation cannot be influenced over time such that it changes and becomes different to that assigned your sex by biology inside your mother's womb.

Biology is made up of two components; anatomy and physiology. For a sexuality to be defined as being natural and normal it has to conform with both these components and be complimented in the partner chosen for a relationship. In men and women anatomy and physiology compliment each other. The physiology of the male compliments that of the female. They are therefore said to be biologically compatible with one another. Homosexuality, transsexuality and all other forms of sexual relations are not natural. The anatomy and physiology of the male does not compliment that of another male e.g. men or women cannot have children with the same sex. Men lack an orifice for a penis in other males. Women lack an organ for the vagina in other women. All forms of non-hetrosexaulity are not biologically natural. They are not the result of nature but rather nurture.
    There are so many issues with this post I could go about attacking, but I think it's just worth pointing out that you start by saying "sexual orientation cannot be influenced over time such that it changes and becomes different to that assigned your sex by biology inside your mother's womb" and then end by saying "all forms of non-hetrosexaulity are not biologically natural. They are not the result of nature but rather nurture." You essentially directly contradict yourself and admit that my point was correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aardwolf)
    There are so many issues with this post I could go about attacking, but I think it's just worth pointing out that you start by saying "sexual orientation cannot be influenced over time such that it changes and becomes different to that assigned your sex by biology inside your mother's womb" and then end by saying "all forms of non-hetrosexaulity are not biologically natural. They are not the result of nature but rather nurture." You essentially directly contradict yourself and admit that my point was correct.
    You failed to understand the comment. Emphasis on the words biology, nature and nurture in that statement. The key to understanding my comment is in those three words.

You implied that nurture changes biology. In my reply I wrote that it does not...that biology and its two components (anatomy and physiology) remain constant irrespective of nurture. As in, biologically speaking heterosexuality is natural, is innate, is the result of nature...whilst homosexuality and all forms of non-heterosexuality are the result of nurture/are artificial....our biology remains constant irrespective of the influence of nurture. Nurture might influence our choices. It does not however change our nature. It does not make something that is abnormal/unnatural natural/normal. it changes our views. Our behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ROFL to all the people crying about hijab, it is a symbol of empowerment for me, no matter how much you try and debate against that, I will keep wearing it no matter what, as it empowers me
    How exactly does it empower you?

ReputationRep:
    Forced marriage has nothing to do with Islam. It's a cultural thing that sick people have diluted with religion.

Forced marriage is against Islam.
    tsk tsk tsk....mohammed your beloved prophet did it though
    He married a 9-year old aisha and had sex with her. Your own "holy" books say so.

Again the knowledge of your own religion is absent

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

Haha no, I'm 100% sure I'm a girl xD
    oh thank God i thought you'd be one them transexual hijab wearing men who try to merge western madness with wahabism
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Show me the quotes where that is mentioned and I will give you my opinion on them.

4:11 - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females".
    2:282 - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women".
    2:223 - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..." (from an overtly sexual passage).
    4:34 "Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them."
    You never gave your opinion on it. How can you be Muslim and feminist at the same time do you follow some deranged form of feminism where men are in charge and when your wife disobeys you " scrouge them". I don't know what that means but it seems brutal.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.