Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why people hate other than the fact that he speaks differently and comes from a wealthy family. He speaks very intelligently and always has a sound base in logic and fact instead of spouting anything that fits the narrative like some in the political establishment

ReputationRep:
    He is homophobic. He hides behind his 'catholic faith' to look down on gay people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
    He is homophobic. He hides behind his 'catholic faith' to look down on gay people.

And what makes you think he looks down on gay people? It's stuff like this thrown around which builds up the group with irrational hatred of people like JRM.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget you only speak for yourself even though you use the Royal "We" I'd go monarchist over democratic mob rule any day of the week

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
    He is still a slimy Tory, but he openly acknowledges his wealth and background - we hate him because he represents everything we hate about conservativism and the hierarchy based on inherited wealth. They don't hate him per se but he perfectly encapsulates everything we'd like to see rid of.

ReputationRep:
    True hard Brexit man, a man of principles and a true patriot.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katherineofsiena)
    Don't forget you only speak for yourself even though you use the Royal "We" I'd go monarchist over democratic mob rule any day of the week

So you're anti democracy then? Give power to people who are untouchable?

what is democratic mob rule btw?

ReputationRep:
    Moggy is cool and he's well known and well liked so I have respect.

ReputationRep:
    Captain Haddock that name is extra *thumbs up* got to love tintin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob072)
    And what makes you think he looks down on gay people? It's stuff like this thrown around which builds up the group with irrational hatred of people like JRM.
    He says he has nothing against homosexuals but then he says he supports the catholic church opposing same-sex marriage because the marriage is supposedly sacrosanct despite many followers of the catholic church criticising the church it self. Why can't he do that as well as an elected official who represents ALL people within his constituency.

ReputationRep:
    "Food, clothing AND footwear."

What's with the footwear Mogg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
    He doesn't look down on anyone and he isn't homophobic. He simply believes marriage is sacred and only should exist between a man and a woman. Much like civil partnerships can ONLY exist between two members of the same sex? Isn't it the same difference

ReputationRep:
    Jacob Rees-Mogg is an example to all modern politicians to stand up for they believe in rather than giving half-hearted responses that mean nothing - I refer to Mrs May’s recent ‘review’ in to student finance, nothing more than an attempt to muddy the water so she doesn’t have to make a real decision. I speak as a Conservative voter - Theresa May does not represent the values of our party.

ReputationRep:
    Rees -mogg is just trying to go for Tory leader , a man who really wants to take us back in time, that's the reality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cs56)
    Rees -mogg is just trying to go for Tory leader , a man who really wants to take us back in time, that's the reality

I really don't think so, he answers honestly even when he knows it's unpopular. The Tory hierachy were desparate for him not to be selected as a candidate and there's no chance the party's MPs would vote him into the top two.

If he wanted that, he would get a spin doctor, start pandering to political vested interests above genuine conviction of conservatism.

ReputationRep:
    The names of the different parties represent deeply ingrained pyscological traits of individuals, not the other way around.

The parties have named themselves after our traits, and apparently these are not surface traits. We have not labelled ourselves after the parties. They are named after us.

So some elements of a conservative personality might be considered diligent, low in compassion, hard working, high IQ, low risk taker, occupying the central ground of society, where-as some traits of a classic liberal might be considered open, generous, artistic, or entrepreneurial, a risk taker, occupying the outskirts.

I.E, An artist is always pushing the boundaries of the unknown, which always surrounds the known, to make sense of the unknown.
    Or order and chaos, is another non geographical analogy. The entrepreneur, creatively, pushes the boundaries of business, but then needs the conservative personality type to run the business. Lots of other examples.

These are not platitudes. Im a little bit suspicious as they seem slightly prejudice to me. Anyway thats my limited understanding of the empirical evidence gathered and conclusions drawn by greater minds than mine! :0)

Know thine self! Even then, that does not inform my voting choice, as the entire system is rigged! Creating SJW's and angry leftists.

ReputationRep:
    As mentioned, I do find it funny that Rees Mogg, an Eton boy who worked in investment banking, accused John Major, who grew up on a council estate, of being part of the 'European elite'.

ReputationRep:
    I love him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCA2b)
    The soy is strong in Haviland.

Love the Persona avatar, mate! But using soy (a species of legume) as an insult is pretty darn grim, even for internet-speak. =p
    I

ReputationRep:
    He is the future Conservative leader.

Lefties no that and hate him for it.

ReputationRep:
    He said that he takes his whip from the Roman Catholic Church...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.