Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to apply for my tuition fees and the maintenance loan, the tuition fees i have no problems with but when it come to the maintenance loan it's only offering me half of the the maximum amount, the calculator on the website says i'm entitled to the maximum as my household income is well below £25k. Any ideas what to do?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AlaithRose)
    I'm trying to apply for my tuition fees and the maintenance loan, the tuition fees i have no problems with but when it come to the maintenance loan it's only offering me half of the the maximum amount, the calculator on the website says i'm entitled to the maximum as my household income is well below £25k. Any ideas what to do?
    Have your parents completed their financial assessment section yet? Where they put in their income from the previous tax year?

An automated e-mail should have been sent out to them to the e-mail address you provided when you put in their details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Have your parents completed their financial assessment section yet? Where they put in their income from the previous tax year?

An automated e-mail should have been sent out to them to the e-mail address you provided when you put in their details.
    I'm over 25 so they don't have to fill anything in.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm over 25 so they don't have to fill anything in.
    Alright. In which case I'll let the resident SFE experts answer your question

ReputationRep:
    Thank you anyways
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thank you anyways
    Hi AlaithRose,

If you have indicated on your application that you are an independent student and over 25, your entitlement amount will change when the processing department approves your application, you can check the progress of this on your online account, applications are normally taking amount 4-6 weeks to process.

Thanks

Catherine

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.