Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am Stefan still in year 11 close to the GCSEs and i was wondering of what to do next, I literally have no clue. I have applied to a college for fitted interiors level 2 course and also to some Advanced apprenticeships as a Mechanic to which i started to doubt as i heard that many people have regretted it and wished they would have done something else. Also a Export Forwarder. I was looking for active jobs but had a hard time finding something i might enjoy. Any ideas of apprenticeships or college courses would work? Any answer will help. Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    in your first year you will have a dance to change the course in the first few weeks of it's not for you and even then if at the end of the year and you decide it isn't for you you can just redo the year. Apprentiships i know.off are mainly for people who don't want to go to college (not in all cases of course) of you want to take up an apprenticeship I suggest doing it after college as you'll have more grades so a better chance of getting a better apprentiship and also more help in deciding.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    as for the course of you are interests in interior design look at uni courses and what courses they require as it may give you a wider option in your courses so your not stuck in one path for your future

ReputationRep:
    You should chose a range of courses at a-level such as history and science and maybe a language so that you are not closing any doors and have a wide range of skills that could come in handy. Also https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk this link is a good website to use. When you click it you should scroll down to job profiles where the alphabet will appear you could start from A and work your way down. It shows jobs, what the jobs entail, the necessary qualifications and the salary. I found this very helpful.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.