Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I completed my Fine art MA last year, I loved it but now thinking I was wrong to study it. I can’t go back to university to study anything else (I’m 26) and it’s seeming impossible to find any sort of job. What could I do? Thanks

it's never to late to go back to uni I mean bill gates did it and look at him now, but I mean you need money to go to uni. hmm maybe try and see if any friends or family have connections to help you, but I honestly can't see many doors for fine art, I guess you could do some commissions for small money or teaching?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Fine art isn't an easy career. You can stick it out and try and find work but as what? Fine art doesn't even lend itself to working in a museum or something (where art history is much more useful). You can try and start your own business using your art. You can find a job which doesn't use your degree at all. You coul consider teaching.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.